bumps with lowered altitude!! (lots of great custom bumps!!)

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Chuck2422

Re: bumps with lowered altitude!! (lots of great custom bumps!!)

Post by Chuck2422 »

Just started the lowering process. New wheels and tires today. Cut one coil out of the front. Not enough, so DJM beams will now be installed. Planning half hangar flip in the rear.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chuck2422

Post by Chuck2422 »

The Process almost complete. Here is a photoshop version of the finished product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Chuck2422, I really like it! :clap:
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
5oh

Post by 5oh »

460 4 Speed with DJM (the worst company I have ever dealt with) beams. I'll be moving to the back to do a front hanger flip next.

Chuck2422

Post by Chuck2422 »

Soh Your truck is very nice. This is my baby after the half hangar flip and 1 coil out of the front. Next is looking for the best company to work with on lowering beams. Sounds like DJM might not be the people to go with.
SuperDodge

Post by SuperDodge »

5oh wrote:DJM (the worst company I have ever dealt with)
Care to elaborate?
arkrider410

Post by arkrider410 »

Here's my 72 longbed
:fr:
low and ugly 72 longbed with a 360 converted to a 401 with performer intake and a 750 double pumper carb 260 cam and headers with a c6 auto and stock 9 inch lowered about 5.5 /7.
Build thread http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=79488
Phil__69Ford

Post by Phil__69Ford »

69timemachine wrote:DJM 3" & 4" drop. I just swapped to 15x10" rear wheels and finished my customized '60's hub caps! I love the look!
Your truck looks great! What size are your tires? I have 15x10 in the rear with 275/60s and mine are so close to the fender well that when I lower it, I don't think they will tuck. I may have to change wheels and go with a different backspace. What backspace are your wheels?
69timemachine
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 69timemachine »

Phil_69Ford,
My wheels are Wheel Vintiques 62 series purchased from Summit Racing. The front 15x8's are 4" backspace and the rear 15x10's are 4.5" backspace. My rear tires are 275/60/15. I have almost an inch of clearance inside and outside, so they're pretty well centered in the wheel well. If it makes a difference, I have the factory Ford 9" rear axle, not a Dana rear. I made a wire template of the profile of a 295 tire, and it looks like it would possibly clear, if I decide to go wider next time I buy tires.
Jason
"Where there's a wheel, there's a way!"
'69 F100 SWB in Lunar Green with built 351C & TKO-600 5-speed, 4.56 gears, and Eaton TrueTrac Posi.
Future plans: Maybe one day, fresh paint, though I've been told by some, "Don't touch it! It's done!"
'06 Mustang GT 5-speed

Sold: '77 F100, '72 Gran Torino, '76 El Camino with 454 & TH400
canadiancobra

Post by canadiancobra »

Here Picts of my recently completed 72 shortbed.
canadiancobra

Post by canadiancobra »

canadiancobra wrote:Here Picts of my recently completed 72 shortbed.
5oh

Post by 5oh »

SuperDodge wrote:
Care to elaborate?
On second thought, I'm sure I have dealt with worse companies, but at the time it seemed pretty crappy. I don't see me doing business with them again though.

I ordered a set of beams from Summit and when they were delivered the box was beat to death. When it was time to install, I discovered the tierod extention was missing. Called Summit, they called DJM, DJM said they were shipping the parts, and never did. This went on for a couple of weeks. I called DJM, they said they would ship them on Friday, Friday came and went, and no Ford parts were sent. DJM basically said I was lying and there was no way the beams arrived without the extension. I guess there is a huge black market demand for F100 Tie Rod extensions. :hd: This went on for about a month. I should have sent the beams back and reordered, letting them eat the shipping, but I thought it would be cheaper and quicker just to get the extensions. My complaint isn't with the parts not being there, but with them telling me they would ship them 4 separate times and never doing so. I would have bought the parts if necessary, but they acted like I couldn't even buy them.

I ended up ordering the extension from AIM and I like it better. I have the old DJM style on my other truck and the AIM extension seems stronger to me.

Got the rear hanger flipped. 8)

BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

I ordered my DJMs from the factory. It allowed me to get them bare, I can't stand the Silvervein paint. All of the parts came in the box except the special wrench for the tie-rod extenders. I contacted them and they sent me one right away. Good customer service, IMO.
HIO Silver
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by HIO Silver »

5oh wrote:
SuperDodge wrote:
Care to elaborate?
On second thought, I'm sure I have dealt with worse companies, but at the time it seemed pretty crappy. I don't see me doing business with them again though.

I ordered a set of beams from Summit and when they were delivered the box was beat to death. When it was time to install, I discovered the tierod extention was missing. Called Summit, they called DJM, DJM said they were shipping the parts, and never did. This went on for a couple of weeks. I called DJM, they said they would ship them on Friday, Friday came and went, and no Ford parts were sent. DJM basically said I was lying and there was no way the beams arrived without the extension. I guess there is a huge black market demand for F100 Tie Rod extensions. :hd: This went on for about a month. I should have sent the beams back and reordered, letting them eat the shipping, but I thought it would be cheaper and quicker just to get the extensions. My complaint isn't with the parts not being there, but with them telling me they would ship them 4 separate times and never doing so. I would have bought the parts if necessary, but they acted like I couldn't even buy them.

I ended up ordering the extension from AIM and I like it better. I have the old DJM style on my other truck and the AIM extension seems stronger to me.

Got the rear hanger flipped. 8)
DJM drop shipped the beams I assume. However, Summit is ultimately responsible for fulfilling the order since that is with whom it was placed.
pincheweddo
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by pincheweddo »

See project updates at:
http://1967f100.blogspot.com