Brake line brackets

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Lowell

Brake line brackets

Post by Lowell »

During my restoration of my 72 longbed, I noticed I was missing the driver's side brake bracket that the brake hose coming off the front brake clips into and to which the hard line is run. Does anyone know what bracket belongs there? I have a bracket on the passenger side, that seems to be original based on the fact it is riveted in. It is an inverted angled L shape that is positioned like a shelf, long end against the chassis and short end sitting away from the chassis so the brake hose comes in from below and the hard line attaches from the top. On other trucks I have examined, the driver's bracket is angled downward and slightly towards the rear of the truck, sits lower on the frame, and the brake hose attaches from the top and hard line from the bottom as it travels under the rail. Anyone have knowledge if there were different brackets for different years, or are they all pretty much interchangeable. I assumed both of mine should be the same, but maybe not? Thanks.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Brake line brackets

Post by sargentrs »

Driver's side is the same as passenger side.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.