Hey this looks like the same bracket used in our trucks:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 36754&rd=1

New seller sure has a ton of NOS parts?
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Battery hold-down bracket

Post by oldschoolrods »

Hard to say for sure but it looks slightly different to me??? and for the price I think I'd be off to tractor supply for some flat plate....
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

The Mustang joints have those REPOP for less than his starting bid. I don't think they will work on the larger batteries (27f?).

BTW, That guy has quite an attitude for a guy with no feedback... :hmm:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
shrektruck

Post by shrektruck »

I thought the bungee cord was stock.... :hmm:
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: Battery hold-down bracket

Post by flyboy2610 »

shrektruck wrote:I thought the bungee cord was stock.... :hmm:
That's what mine has!

I got a replacement from LMC and their catalog has a note which says that the original '65-'72 hold down bracket is no longer available, but the bracket from a '77-'79 will work, and that's what they sell.
That may be why the part that Carpenter sells is not the original for our trucks.
sdranch71

Post by sdranch71 »

The battery hold-down most vendors sell is the Ford service part D4MY-10718-A. This is the one shown in the picture that DuckRyder posted. It will work, but it is not the correct style (it's from a mid-70's Merc).

Dennis Carpenter used to sell this one too, but just recently they came out with a much closer reproduction part no. D0DZ-10718-A for $10. This is the one you will find in their current online catalog as they don't sell the D4MY one anymore.

Jim
DuckRyder

Re: re: Battery hold-down bracket

Post by DuckRyder »

sdranch71 wrote:The battery hold-down most vendors sell is the Ford service part D4MY-10718-A. This is the one shown in the picture that DuckRyder posted. It will work, but it is not the correct style (it's from a mid-70's Merc).

Dennis Carpenter used to sell this one too, but just recently they came out with a much closer reproduction part no. D0DZ-10718-A for $10. This is the one you will find in their current online catalog as they don't sell the D4MY one anymore.

Jim
GOOD TO KNOW.

The one I posted came from D-C about a year or so ago. It works fine, but you have to slightly bend the support bracket that goes to the inner fender.

Is the new one rubber coated as has been discussed or do I need to carry it to the powder coaters?
Robert

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
sdranch71

Post by sdranch71 »

Don't know how the new DC repop is constructed; I'll let you know when mine shows up.

Jim
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I ordered the new style from D-C. Its described as plastic but does appear a bit closer than the one I have now.

Also it appears that NPD is selling that one as well from catalog pictures in the new catalog. NPD also has a metal one described as original for 67-68 mustangs with HD battery, which appears identical to the OEM truck one but it is 68.00 :eek: , so somebody else will have to investigate that. :hmm:
Robert