Meet at FE Specialties in Sacramento on Feb. 18th at Noon!!!

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Meet at FE Specialties in Sacramento on Feb. 18th at Noon!!!

Post by robroy »

Howdy69's truck:

ImageImage

Tom's "Shop Dog," Reilly.

ImageImage

Tom and Howdy69, checking out the idle and vacuum readings.

Robroy
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

ImageImage

Tom's Mustang

ImageImage

How do y'all like that "390" Mustang logo?

Robroy
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Tom had an immaculate Shelby Cobra on his lift. Ryan noted its amazing paint quality!

ImageImage

Robroy
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Good evening! These next two photos were taken by Ryan (1971Ford)--thanks very much for these Ryan!

Here I am chatting with Tom's fiancee. Howdy69's truck is on the right, and The Yellow Jacket's in the foreground.

Tom attends to The Yellow Jacket as Howdy69 looks on.

That's all! Thanks to both Ryan and Howdy69 for showing up for this.

Robroy
HOWDY69
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by HOWDY69 »

First of all I would like to thank Robroy for posting the pictures. I think he just posted more pictures of my truck in one day than I have in 5 years. It was great meeting Robroy and Ryan.

As you can see my truck is a daily driver… not a trailer queen or a rust bucket…somewhere in between. I keep thinking I should paint the rear bumper but I think it keeps the tailgaters at bay. I haven’t decided if I want to move the spare tire and remove the mud flaps before I go to the track for the first time or just leave them be. It could be the difference between 85 and 86 MPH.

For the record…my truck is Meadowlark Yellow and Wimbledon White. I am partial to green and my wife likes blue but the truck has always been this color and I can't bring myself to change it.

When I decided to keep the truck and have the engine rebuilt I wanted to find a builder near my house. I looked in the phone book and saw FE Specialties. I made an appointment for a leakdown test to see what shape the engine was in and to check out the shop. I had studied Steve Christs book and another one on Ford engines so I could at least speak the lingo a little and had decided I wanted a 410. Several folks on this site agreed and were very helpful in spending my money. As you can see from the pictures it is mostly stock. If I had had more money I think I would have powder coated the intake to look more stock.

Anyway I think I am lucky to have found a good builder so close to my house.
69 F250, FE Specialties 410, CJ Valves, RPM Intake, Holley 4150,......10 Smiles per gallon
71 Clydesdale in many pieces; 302 roller motor waiting impatiently
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Good evening Rick, thanks for your fantastic response!
HOWDY69 wrote:my truck is Meadowlark Yellow and Wimbledon White.
Meadowlark Yellow! Oh my gosh--I had it wrong! This just makes me wonder how many scrambled brain cells I have floating around in my noggin these days. Prior to posting, I thought to myself, "Rick will sure be impressed that I remembered his truck's color..." :lol:

Y'all remember that towering German Shepard carved out of solid diamond in the parking lot, right? Just wanted to do a self-diagnostic, sanity "spot check." :loco:

Rick, I sure liked your truck! It reminded me of how a lot of Bumpsides probably looked in the early 1980's, when they were in service but a whole lot younger. Naturally, you're more than welcome to paste URLs to the photos in your other threads, should that come in handy!

Ryan, I wish I had taken more photos of your truck also! Next time.

Robroy