67 Project Update 6/1/2023 (Multiple New Posts With Pictures)

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

good deal. i have used one to lift a motor to get to the mounts and freeze plugs.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
craftsman
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: My 67 Project (Update 5/11) Pulled Engine, W/Pics

Post by craftsman »

Good job on that pallet there jww :thup: moving right along with the project :D . Sometimes i fill mine just sitting patiently, i have to many house projects going right now, but i will be taking a break from that and work on the bump soon :D :fr:
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: My 67 Project (Update 5/28)

Post by JWW »

Trying to remove the front suspension on the 67'. Getting those radius arms out is difficult. I'm also trying to break down the suspension I got off of a 75' donor. Again, the radius arms are tough. I'm soaking them with some AeroKroil:

I really like this stuff. Hopefully it will help loosen the radius arm bolts. I don't know if it is me or not, but the Ibeam on the passenger side of the 75' set seems to be bent or off set. I don't know if it is bent or if that side is supposed to be that way.

One of the nice things about were I work is that I have access to a hydraulic press. I plan to get some of the guys in the tool room to press out my king pins for me. :D

More to come...
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: My 67 Project (Cart before the Horse???)

Post by JWW »

Been a while since any updates. I'm a pretty fair weathered kind of guy.

I have been practicing on the welder, but I cannot decide if I should work on the cab first or get a rolling chassis first. What are some of your thoughts on this? Does it really matter?

Thanks
JWW
2004 F150 Crew Cab
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: My 67 Project (Cart before the Horse?????)

Post by dablack00 »

For sure finish the rolling chassis first. Be done with that and then you can set the cab on it and work on it there. If you need to work on the bottom of the cab, just put some cushions down and roll the cab on its back. Finish the cab bottom, then roll it back on the mounts. Then finish the rest of the cab. On our trucks, when the rolling chassis is done, then the cab is done, you are 90% there. With the front sheet metal off, you can perfect the engine and firewall (with wiring and other bits). Then just hang on the front sheet metal and place the bed. DONE!
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

Hey dablack00, thanks for the advice.
JWW
2004 F150 Crew Cab
powerslave390

Post by powerslave390 »

Hey JWW, Adorable little helpers you got there! Your project is looking great, keep up the good work and keep us posted. :thup:
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

powerslave390 wrote:Hey JWW, Adorable little helpers you got there! Your project is looking great, keep up the good work and keep us posted. :thup:
Thanks...at the rate I am going, they will be old enough to drive when I get done. :lol:
JWW
2004 F150 Crew Cab
powerslave390

Post by powerslave390 »

I am working on a 1970 F100(custom frame off restoration) with my son, so we are right there with you. Keep it up! :thup:

:fr:
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

yeah with a rolling chassis to sit the cab on, especialy with running engine, you can sidestepp a nosey city/county code enforcer curious about your project.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

rjewkes wrote:yeah with a rolling chassis to sit the cab on, especialy with running engine, you can sidestepp a nosey city/county code enforcer curious about your project.
Cool thing right now is I have good neighbors. They have been supportive ever since I brought "Mater" to the house.
JWW
2004 F150 Crew Cab
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Your lucky there, my problems started when i first started the towing job, my tow truck wich was an f650 with a 21 foot rollback/flatbed took up three spaces parked sideways to keep from sticking out in the middle of the lot, and the F100's front end was taking up a space to itself, Wich the church has never cared about and its their lot to care about. Anyways A guy in a Brand spanking new Chevy Crewcab almost hit the front end of the f100 becuase he has every right to park there for the Christmass parade went to the city and moaned about his new chevy almosty getting damaged.

Long story short it was easier for the city to enforce a code written to keep people from piling up 5 or more junkers, on my one junker, than to tell him to watch where you are driving/parking. This guy would try to park on a land mine in afghanispakikazhakstan and moan to the state department about it.
fuelly.com
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: My 67 Project-Floor pan install 2/21/10

Post by JWW »

Got my floor pans installed today. A buddy of mine did the work in his shop. He will put the cab mounts in next. This is a big step for the project because it has stalled for quite some time. Looking forward to getting back at it.

The pans are from BOTP.
JWW
2004 F150 Crew Cab
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

JWW wrote:Got my floor pans installed today. A buddy of mine did the work in his shop. He will put the cab mounts in next. This is a big step for the project because it has stalled for quite some time. Looking forward to getting back at it.

The pans are from BOTP.
Stalled---your still messin around with this :evil: :P :P
Looks good :thup: glad you found a way around this predictiment :D

Better get those cab supports (WOW does that look familar)taken care while your there too :thup:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

JWW,
Looks good man! :thup: You and Jerry both are doing it right, for sure.
Maybe someday I'll be able to do this part of my truck. :(
How quickly is the shipping from BOTP? I've never ordered from them before, just wondering...
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4