My 68 flareside project.

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: My 68 flareside project.

Post by wickedinhere »

I got my new 130 amp one wire alt put on so i started cleaning
my core support getting ready to put it back on. Well every time i hit it with the wire wheel
holes kept showing up, so that combined with the bad repair work by the previous owner there wasnt much left. So i just ordered a 73 and up core support i guess i will start wiring
my fuel pump relay and other small stuff till my core support gets here. While i was spending more money i went ahead and ordered a new heavy duty headlight wiring harness and euro headlights. I will post some pics of the old core support and new alt.
You can pay more but you cant buy better.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

Well i finally for my pedal assembly finished and rebuilt and got the clutch z-bar bracket repaired and installed. I ended up welding the worn spots and re drilling them and it worked out well and nice and tight. I am still waiting on a new clutch rod, mine was wore to bad to repair i put the old one in to try the new clutch and it felt great. It took more time than i thought it would to get all the pedal and brackets repaired but it was worth it.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

Well i got my new core support in today, lmc sure packed it very good i like to have never got it out of the box. I paid more than i wanted to but when i got it out of the box it was well worth it. I got my column stripped down and painted getting ready to rebuild it. Here are some pics notice the bad patch job on the old core support from the previous owner. He claimed to be a paint and body guy.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

Well one step forward and two steps back i got the core support painted and holes drilled
then started cleaning up my radiator and it starts falling apart. Then i walk into the shop to see a brake leak on one of my front wheel cylinders. Radiator is ordered i swear i am gonna crank it soon maybe by christmas.
JWW
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by JWW »

Love seeing that six. You are doing a great job!!!
JWW
1967 F100 Ranger, Auto, 240ci
2004 F150 Crew Cab
My project: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
killakobra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by killakobra »

wickedinhere wrote:Well one step forward and two steps back i got the core support painted and holes drilled
then started cleaning up my radiator and it starts falling apart. Then i walk into the shop to see a brake leak on one of my front wheel cylinders. Radiator is ordered i swear i am gonna crank it soon maybe by christmas.
i know the feeling....
1967 f100 stepside 300ci I6
1969 f100/600 stepside retro truck -under construction-
1972 longbed trailer
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

Well my radiator will be here this afternoon so while waiting all weekend i got a few things done. I ran my wiring for the coil and water & oil pressure sensors and pulled the dash pad.
The previous owner was good about leaving off bolts on every part of this truck but he managed to get every nut back on the dash pad go figure. The dash and the firewall look to be pretty rust free. There sure are alot of holes to be welded up on this dash but it will look so great. Here are a few pics.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

wow that pad appears to be in better shaspe than mine.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

rjewkes wrote:wow that pad appears to be in better shaspe than mine.
I will give it to you just come and get it. LOL i hope you like bedliner cause thats whats on it.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

Well yesterday i started changing my cab mount rubber bushings and i tell you what that was the most pain in the butt thing i have done on this truck!!!!!! The first one wasnt too bad but it went down hill from there the back ones were the worst i had to use a sawzall
prybar, hammer and a razor knife and torch. I cut the top rubber out with a razor knife then i went to torch the metal casing out and the bottom rubber caught fire which is close to the fuel cell. I got the fire put out then finished with the sawzall. I got them finished up today so now i can put my radiator in and get the motor cranked.
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Great progress man :thup: can't tell that it is bedliner in the photo. funny your probably only a day or two across 2 states or so :lol:
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

what i do on the rear cab mounts is to take a pair of vise grips and grab the metal washer nut with them and then get inside and turn the bolt. the vise grips will stop when they hit the frame and hold the washer nut in place so the bolt will come out. it works everytime i have done it. i have stripped down 7 trucks with that method.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

fordman wrote:what i do on the rear cab mounts is to take a pair of vise grips and grab the metal washer nut with them and then get inside and turn the bolt. the vise grips will stop when they hit the frame and hold the washer nut in place so the bolt will come out. it works everytime i have done it. i have stripped down 7 trucks with that method.
The bolts came out real easy it was the rubber and washers that gave me the problems.
wickedinhere
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by wickedinhere »

I got the radiator and e-fan mounted yesterday and bolted the core down this morning. I had taken a break after replacing the cab mount rubbers. I had to do a little fabing on the one side of the radiator but it turned out pretty good. here are some pics.
killakobra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by killakobra »

radiator too small?
1967 f100 stepside 300ci I6
1969 f100/600 stepside retro truck -under construction-
1972 longbed trailer