UPS

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

UPS

Post by Joe Kriston »

This post might be specifically for Hardtail John,as I think it was him who received an a/c unit that was damaged in shipping by UPS...I've run into the same problem...I sold a nice factory a/c unit to Rick,and it showed up damaged on virtually all sides...One problem I'll have is I packed it myself...I tied 2" foam around the unit and then stuffed all the air pockets with more foam...I also didn't buy the insurance...Anybody know what recourse I may have with UPS?...I will not have somebody pay for something they can't use...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
mrsnicks
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by mrsnicks »

I thought UPS shipping included up to $100.00 of insurance at no charge?

At least that's what I've always seen when I have shipped with them.

Patrick
Chevrolet
Can Hear Every Valve Rattle on Long Extended Trips

1969 F100 4X4 Highboy 390 3sp
1969 F100 SWB 2wd Auto 351w
1972 F100 Ranger XLT 302 Auto

http://mrsnicks.blogspot.com
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10336
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

UPS will probably say it was packed insufficiently and will not accept responsibility. They will probably retrieve the packaging materials if someone does file a claim.
That is the experience I had with a item shipped UPS.
Low4Life

Post by Low4Life »

Yes, UPS covers up to $100. If i was you I would file a claim, because that's how you're 'supposed' to package something, with 2" of packaging between the item and the box. The claim process is a pain, but stick with it. They make it that way so that people don't file a claim. The reason I know all this is because I work and shipping and deal with these people on a daily basis. If you have any questions let me know and I can check into it for ya, if I'm not too busy, lol. Good luck with it tho!
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hardtailjohn »

UPS sucks :x !!!! I'm still fighting, trying to get them to pay for their gorillas smashing my A/C unit! They're professionals at giving the run around...so I think my only recourse is to take them to small claims court and waste another day of my life, trying to get someone to step up to the plate and accept responsibility for their actions. :x :x :x :x
JH
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yea the first 100.00 is covered and atleast 2" on packing materail all the way around is required. everytime i ship something that large i build a crate and cover it in cardboard. it has worked for me everytime.