Summit Mini-Gauge panel

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
morganater

Summit Mini-Gauge panel

Post by morganater »

I was thinking about getting one of these, and mounting it on my dash, next to my tach. the summit part # is: SUM-800111
I am still considering different options, and I'm not sure If I want to mount it under the dash or on top, in a pod.
My question is how would I wire in, or find where to buy sensors that would work on my electrical system for voltage, a temp sensor to fit a performer manifold, and the most complicated to me the oil pressure sensor?

The reason I want to do this is because we all like gauges, right? :D My stock ones stopped working, and I dont really like the idiot lights/ INOPERABLE h20 temp gauge.

I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge, with the line coming into the cab. with a 460, it doenst get much under 20 PSI and 460s are known to run that low of pressure under normal conditions FOREVER. But the gauge stopped working after working intermittently for a while...

Thanks in advance
1969 f100 swb ranger 460 - parting out
1968 f100 swb 429 - decking out
94 Jeep I6 Back-up vehicle
reppin' AK
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Summit Mini-Gauge panel

Post by FORDification »

Those types of gauges are mechanical, so there are no 'sending units', per se. Everything you need to hook them up is included with the kit. Just follow the instructions that come with it and you'll do just fine. The oil pressure line would simply hook up where your existing line is for the mechanical gauge you have mounted.

I don't think mounting them on the dash is a very good idea. You'd have to drill a hole in the dash top to run the lines through. You COULD run them down through the defroster vent, but you'd still have to cut a hole in the defroster tube for them to exit out to the engine compartment. It would be much easier to mount them under the dash. It would also be a cleaner look and less of a temptation for thieves.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
morganater

Post by morganater »

Yeah I probably would end up mounting them under the dash, but My speaker perforations are already partly pushed in and broken , so that would be a good place to run wires through, if i wanted to go with that look.
1969 f100 swb ranger 460 - parting out
1968 f100 swb 429 - decking out
94 Jeep I6 Back-up vehicle
reppin' AK
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

I mounted my oil pressure guage right under the heater controls in a home made mounting bracket me and my neighbor made (guage was a P.O. Install) still need to change that burnt out light some day :lol: