Napa

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

tobsters70

re: Napa

Post by tobsters70 »

It seems to me that customer service varies napa to napa. Now all stores basically have the same stuff. It boils down to the skills and know how of the individual behind the counter that makes all the difference.:thup: With that said there some people behind the counter that should never have gotten the job, or should be just chained up to the cash register to ring people up.:hmm: There have been people that are very helpful and knowledgeable. I have had good and bad experiences with napa, but if they make a mistake so far thay made it right. I am still a napa fan.
Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Napa

Post by Brett6269 »

OH yea i know the feeling, i go to the one my dad worked at for 36 yrs, always have what i want or can get it in 1 day, most of the time...Now when i went to advance auto some 17 yr old kid waited on me never heard of a licsence plate lite bulb!!!DAUUUU :roll: needless to say i walked out he was more interested in talking to his girlfriend on the phone!!! :o
lover of old fords
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Napa

Post by 67nukeford »

I think part of the problem with any part store is employee turnover. A lot of stores just have some kid behind the counter that needed a job. I've found a few stores that are useless, and a couple that have some really knowledgeable parts guys working there. Pretty much hit or miss.
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

I believe it all boils down to management! My sister works for Advanced, she is the delivery girl, but she knows more about cars now than I think I do. Her boss makes them learn. I haven't once went in there with a problem where he wasn't right there under the hood of whatever I had from the SUBI to the Truck, diagnosing the issue. He knows his parts, and he knows his vehicle and he makes everyone know it. If I go in there and a guy isn't helpful call me a snitch, but I will come back when Mark is there and let him know. I believe each town has there good store, and all the wannabe stores. Very few have 2 good stores from my experience. I don't deal with Napa in Morehead KY, you just get some pompes @ss that thinks it is an inconvenience when you say well check this noise out or what have you!
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
drytoast
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by drytoast »

When I work at the Ford garage we used Napa parts all the time and we mechanics called it Napa Crapa because nothing ever fit correctly. Napa stood for- Never Any Parts Available. My wife cousin work at Advance and he always gets what I need ( at a discount price) or he points me in the right direction. Sometimes relatives aren't always that bad. :D
Life is hard; its harder if your STUPID. John Wayne

1972 Ford F-100 Explorer 302 C4 automatic
2005 Chrysler T&C Limited
1996 Honda Accord LX 238,000 miles and counting
killakobra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by killakobra »

the local advanced auto is full of people my age(between 16 and 20) and most of them are clueless. the local carquest is a lot more helpful and they gave me a discount when i ordered 50 fender clips.
1967 f100 stepside 300ci I6
1969 f100/600 stepside retro truck -under construction-
1972 longbed trailer