Fuses

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Fuses

Post by wildcard »

Any one happen to know of, or have a good way of pulling these glass fuses? I managed to break 2 trying to get them out. One just lost the glass and I got it back in to get me to an auto parts store tomorrow. It went to my signals and such.
Seems there ought to be a better way. I've been prying them out from one end. At least I tried. The prongs that hold them in are really tight with no give at all.
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

OK, thanks. I'll check tomorrow.
cjs_72f250

re: Fuses

Post by cjs_72f250 »

yeah, the plastic fuse puller should do it. it will look something like this: http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/Afloat ... uller2.jpg
'72 F250 Explorer Camper Special
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

Thanks for the effort. For some reason, our computer is not bringing up links like that. I've waited about 15 minutes now for it to load and it just won't do it. Maybe it will work better tomorrow.
kid

Post by kid »

68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Those style fuses are one good idea GM had. :wink:
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
kid

Post by kid »

Toy and Honda first :) Ever seen the old Euro fuses a piece of pointed plastic with copper end caps and the fuse wire on the outside. yuck
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Really? how 'bout that! A lot of people call them GM fuses, learn something new thanks.

Yeah I suffered thru those pos fuses in my VW's, fortunately they didn't have too many.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
kid

Post by kid »

So true I worked on a Triumph GT6+, TR3 and TR4 that had those and what an electrical nightmare when the end cap holders got weak.
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

When prying out the glass fuses it's best to pry from the ends, either upward or down. If you pry from the center out you're asking for them to break.

I remember those euro fuses, the Volvo 240's used them clear through the '80's while the 700 series were using the blade type.

I believe this is a Porsche block judging from the site I got it from.
kid

Post by kid »

that is a production block and it looks so cheezy as to be almost hand made. What with 3 fuses tied together with exposed electrical bus jumper. That is a lot of circuits.