AM radio

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

briscoco

AM radio

Post by briscoco »

Something you might want to try for giggles. When my father bought his new 69 f100 being a kid I was messing around in his truck and discovered if you turn the emergency flashers on and stepped on the brake at the same time the radio would play even without the ignition being turned on. I started to restore this old truck i hope this still works so as my son can also find neat things to do in his grandfather old Ford.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I must say I've never heard of that one! :lol:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: AM radio

Post by 68F250 »

Yeah it's the old Ford electrical backfeed deal. Cars did it too, I remember as a kid that's how we listened to the radio when Dad had the keys. Also if you run the flashers w/ the turn signal flipped, the radio goes off and on.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

might explain some ol' drunks description of an old Galaxie 500 outside one night with the lights going off and the radio playing? some kid messing with dads car?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com