Holley and good response.

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

cleandan

Holley and good response.

Post by cleandan »

I have a couple new Holley carbs (LIST 4777, 650 double pumper and a LIST 80457, 600 vac sec) both purchased about 6 months to a year ago. The 600 started giving me trouble and when I took it apart to see what was going on I found a bunch of corrosion and problems. I figured I did something wrong and took it as a lesson learned (although I did not know what I did to damage the carb). Well, the 650 DP replaced the 600 (needed to go bigger anyway) and things were just super...for about 600 miles. Then one night the carb gave me HUGE trouble, almost like 1/2 the motor was gone. Esentially 1/2 the motor WAS gone because the carb had filled with its own innards and clogged one primary jet completely. Upon closer inspection I found the finish to be coming off all over the place. This time I thought the race gas I had been running was the culprit, but had other ideas to explore too. First thing I did was call Holleys Tech line just to pose a few questions. After talking with the tech guy for about 15 seconds he says, "Oh, you got one of those" and begins explaining to me how Holley got a batch of incorrect castings with a high lead content. This caused the finish to be ineffective and come off. He was quite helpful and basically said, give me your name, address, PH#, and carb list number and we will send you a new one and issue a UPS call tag to pick up the bad one. After this sunk in for a few seconds I started thinking the 600 was probably the same problem and explained to him what had happened with that carb. No problem and a few days later I received two new carbs to replace the faulty carbs. I returned the bad carbs and all has been good so far. Other than the original issues caused by the bad carbs the replacement and exchance/pickup was easy and faultless. Holley did a good job at fixing a big problem.
You can't make anything everything proof, so have fun and be careful.
lightning_msd
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Holley and good response.

Post by lightning_msd »

glad to hear it worked out for ya, if you get any more extras send them my way... :lol:
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Holley and good response.

Post by ezernut9mm »

i just love happy endings. :D seriously, it's good to hear a good customer service story for once.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I wish more companies cared for their customers that way.
I work in a plant that manufactures parts for Honda motors. When we have a bad lot go out, it's a MAJOR headache!
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html