(Not Ford....sorry) Honda Trail 110 Carburetor

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

towens

(Not Ford....sorry) Honda Trail 110 Carburetor

Post by towens »

Hey Everyone,

I know that this isn't a Ford carburetor question but I figured that someone out there has worked on one some point in time. I had inherited a '82 Honda Trail 110. It has been sitting a while so I had flushed out the gas tank and had cleaned out the carburetor from all of the old gas. I had dismantled the carburetor the bare minimum that I could. The float was stuck down and some of the other components were stuck as well. After thoroughly cleaning it out (nice and shiny now) I had put it back together without breaking any of the gaskets and now it leaks through the vent hose (don't know what it is called). I know for a fact that it didn't leak before. The bike runs off of starting fluid. Thanks for any input.

TOWENS
TRAVIS OWENS
"Never argue with an idiot; they will only drag you down to their level" -Anonymous

1972 F-250 CAMPER SPEC: SPORT CUSTOM 360 2WD; C6

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1981 Honda 70c Passport Cub

1982 Honda Trail 110
351WF250

re: (Not Ford....sorry) Honda Trail 110 Carburetor

Post by 351WF250 »

towens,
After setting that long, the float needle is probably bad, if you look closely at it you will see a ring or groove around the sealing end. You probably will have to replace the needle and reset the float. (It probably didn't leak before because the float was stuck closed). Also make sure that the small jets inside are cleaned out real good or it won't idle (Pilot jet, it's off center from the main jet).
Good luck with it.

Glenn
1969 F250 Ranger / w "71" C/S disk brakes. Soon to have 351W/w AOD.
towens

Post by towens »

Thanks for the reply. I suspected that a seal on it went bad but I wasn't sure. Now I know what is wrong.

:thup:

:fr:

TOWENS
TRAVIS OWENS
"Never argue with an idiot; they will only drag you down to their level" -Anonymous

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1982 Honda Trail 110

Post by 427 »

Towens, those carbs had a screw at the bottom to drain the carb. It may be loose or the o-ring might need replacing. Hope this helps you.Brian. :thup:
towens

Post by towens »

Thanks for the suggestion. I have now checked it and it is nice and tight as well as the o-ring being intact. I did go back and double check the main jet and pilot jet. And the main jet was still a little clogged. Good thing that I checked.

TOWENS
:thup:
TRAVIS OWENS

1995 Ford Mustang V6; C4

1982 Honda Trail 110