Existing members

General Discussion Topic Archives
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Existing members

Post by trukcrazy »

I have been thinking :roll: about this for a few days and while reviewing the memberlist, I had to ask myself a question. I said " self, does anyone know any of the members that joined last year but have only minimal posts? And would it be a good idea to contact these members to get an update from them?"Just a thought. :dk: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents:
I guess I have alot of pennies :dk: :D
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Faithful Old Road Dog
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Existing members

Post by Faithful Old Road Dog »

and say what? Are you trying to weed out the FTE mole? :D
'75-4x4guy

Post by '75-4x4guy »

I have often wondered if the hacking of the site in March was caused by some "disgruntiled" person.
But yes I guess we could give them a shout - not that my opinion counts for much as I am a new-be
Jon
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

Just to encourage member participation, nothing more. Maybe a membershipwide email newsletter once a month or just once every 3 or 6 months, just as an invitation to check out the site if they haven't in awhile. Everyone should be in on this fun. :D Besides, if there is a mole, they will enventually become a jedi again and leave the darkside. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2008 Challenger SRT8
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, over the past week or two that very thought has crossed my mind as well, several times in fact. I can add some modifications to the forum software to send out an automatic e-mail to everyone who hasn't visited and/or posted within a specified amount of time. We've got quite a few who who have registered and never returned, or registered and then posted one or two message and then never returned.

As soon as I can get caught up on a few things here I intend to get started on this. It'll probably weed out at least several dozen (or more) 'tire-kickers'.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GT-Racer »

sounds like a good idea. What good is 600 members if only 200 stop by to chat.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
CACWBY

Post by CACWBY »

Maybe I'm missing something here, is it really worth the time to e mail people that they aren't posting often enough?
No offense but sometimes some of us aren't very active for a while, and then we are and then we aren't and, etc.
I will admit that a forum or a club isn't much use without member participation but if at any time 1/3 are active thats not too bad, becuase it's not always the same 1/3. I have been here since the start and I've just went to Two Stars. My $.02.
Trevor Rush
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

I'm with Trevor on this one. If you enjoy Fordification you'll lurk and/or post. I don't think anyone needs a reminder that they aren't here.
jor
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I hate to say it, but I have to agree.

whenever I didn't post on (the dark side) site for a while, they brought up that window saying "you haven't posted in a while, please participate in the forums".
I always did think that was kind of rude.
BUT, that was way before I found this site, and now I rarely (if ever) go over there nowadays.

I do think it needs to be done, but with tact and respect. So, I think we can leave it to Keith to get 'R done- the right way!

:fr: :2cents:
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Well, it's more my simply wanting to clean up the forum database, and I'd tell them as such. I'm not planning on e-mailing someone who hasn't been here for a month or two, but maybe a 6-8 month absence (or more) might be a better timeframe to use. There's no sense in keeping them in the database if they don't even own a truck anymore or weren't planning on a return visit.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
67f100

Post by 67f100 »

I never could have been in the debate class in highschool bacause I can see everybody's point. Really, is it a big problem if somebody only posts once every 8 months? Should be a way to maybe automatically drop folks if they haven't participated in a year or so.....
1967 F100 Ranger
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

Some folks are just shy and only check in when they need to research to forums for answers maybe. How about just a request to reply to the email to let us know they're still active. That way the forums aren't flooded with 400 "yeah I'm still here"'s. Then after a 30 day or so grace period, let the pruning begin.
70 Custom LWB, 302-2V, 3 on tree
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I'm sorry. This was meant to be a fellowship gesture, not a "You must be active!" directive. If people don't want to participate, that is their choice. That is why I suggested a member (and they are all members) directed newsletter with a 3 month or 6 month or once a year circulation. Some folks might have forgotten they joined, haven't been back because they didn't see anything that interested them when they were here last. From what I see, the site has grown considerably and that is worth putting out in a newsletter. After the first one, give members the option to receive or decline future newsletters. As an example, the 1967 F-series registry han't been updated so visits there don't get you anything new, so you quit going and wouldn't know if it started up again. What I intended was just a forum update to show members the growth of the site. Thanks, John.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2008 Challenger SRT8
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

Back around Christmas time, I did attempt to contact maybe 25-30 members we hadn't heard from in quite a while. Several of them did respond personally, and our friend from Argentina with the Y block (can't never remember his name, Ra--- something) did come back and post a cople times. Most people that I heard from had moved on to other vehicles or just didn't have time.
Still I think it is a good idea tha people know we miss them.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
adak57

Post by adak57 »

I never could have been in the debate class in highschool bacause I can see everybody's point, 67f100
Me Too... :yt: I've been lurking lately but only as an occasional "escape". Our lifestyle is undergoing a drastic change this year and this is normally our busy time of year... But I really do enjoy checking in on the threads and tales and info...

I hope that's OK...?

I'm glad I found this site first !! :)
John

'72 F-100 4x4
'70 F-100 project 1