Engine Rebuild and Restoration Suggestions

Engine Forum Archives

Moderator: Ranchero50

f100ranger1969

Engine Rebuild and Restoration Suggestions

Post by f100ranger1969 »

Im going to be having my 360 rebuilt and restored very soon, including replacing most of the engine accessories. Heres my question, this project will be a complete restoration of the whole truck and im planning on putting in a new radiator, steering box and heater core, as well as a possible upgrade to power brakes. Should i go ahead and have the radiator, steering box and heater core all done at the same time as the engine just to make it easier?
Thanks,
Jeff
1969 Calif. Ranger
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Engine Rebuild and Restoration Suggestions

Post by FORDification »

So will you be doing the work or someone else? All of these items are very easy to get to and replace, so you should have no problems at all in doing them yourself. I agree that if you're going to have engine work done, you'd only want to pull and/or disassemble it once. But none of the items you've listed are a part of the engine and all are a fairly easy replacement. I'd just do it yourself as you have the time and money, and if you have any questions you can always ask here.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!