Post your Slammed Truck

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

twentyocho

Re: Post your Slammed Truck

Post by twentyocho »

I actually think it looks way better with those 15's Aussie.. Has that classic look to it. Great job.
71 F100 SW 302 C4
Aussie70F100

Post by Aussie70F100 »

Cheers mate, think you're right and i'm getting a fair bit of feedback saying the same. Good to know you cant go past a set of of wheels and whitewalls
1lowf150

Post by 1lowf150 »

nice truck aussie70f100. i like the steels also!
woodeuce

Post by woodeuce »

Nolimit is that your truck on page 106 of Feb 2011 street trucks..............?
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

Aussie70F100 wrote:mines only to diff on chassis due to the laws in QLD Australia,
even this setup isnt legal, but i designed it to be fully bolt in so i can go from standard to on air in about 3 hours.
got rid of my 22s as they made the truck feel like a 4wd when i had it high enough to drive.
i think the 15s look good

very nice. what is the green color called? i like it.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

:thup: :thup: :thup: Good to see ya drop in Marz! Been a while. Looking good!
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

Calfdemon wrote::thup: :thup: :thup: Good to see ya drop in Marz! Been a while. Looking good!
Yeah been a while. I have so much to share but so damn busy.
crewcabfan

Post by crewcabfan »

As low as dropped I beams on bags would let me get.

WWHFD? what would Henry Ford do?

BUILD IT BETTER !!!
marz68
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by marz68 »

crewcabfan wrote:As low as dropped I beams on bags would let me get.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]
Love it!!
Calfdemon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Calfdemon »

crewcabfan wrote:As low as dropped I beams on bags would let me get.

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

Hey Crewcabfan,

Love what you did there. That has to be the first Crew F350 that I have seen lowered like that. While I do not want to go quite as low as you did, I am interested in lowering mine and have not really looked into it as I was not sure the same methods for lowering the lighter trucks would work with the weight of our trucks. I was not sure of the crown vic front end with the size of our trucks and the 460 I have in it, and was also not sure that the dream beams would work with out trucks either. I know you said your truck is bagged as well, but what exactly did you do/use to lower your truck aside from the bags? Again, I am not looking to slam mine, but a 3-5 inch drop would look pretty good I think. Nice job on yours! :thup:
-Rich

Current toys -
69 Ford F350 Crew Cab - 460 / C6 - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... lqgskp.jpg
31 Ford Vicky - 1955 270 Red Ram Hemi / 4 speed - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bsibvn.jpg

Former toys -
67 Pontiac Firebird 400 convertible (sold 9/13) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... bird-1.jpg
67 Ford Fairlane GT - 390 / 4 speed (sold 7/15) - http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67 ... c5hu8z.jpg
crewcabfan

Post by crewcabfan »

Thanks marz, thanks calfdemon;
Actually mine is an f250 that some previous owner cut-and-spliced the long bed/frame.
when I converted to f100 suspension I used everything from my previous f100 that included djm 3" I-beams cut 2 coils off the front springs and hanger/shackle for the rear.
this is what it looked like back then

it was a nice stance but with the 20x 10 wheels it would rub on turns so i decided to bagg the front; this is with front bags only

after that I did a 6" step notch and added air bags over the leaf springs;

that's basically what I have going on, not the greatest craftsmanship as master Marz but good enuff.

BUILD IT BETTER !!!
crewcabfan

Post by crewcabfan »

OH! i almost forgot , I have a 460 EFI/ E4OD/gear vendors set-up, so I'm sure the DJM beams can take the beating

BUILD IT BETTER !!!
scottrodcustoms

Post by scottrodcustoms »

1970 Effie, 390/C6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScottRod
ScottRod Customs-Warsaw, IN

1970 F100 SB, 390, C-6, lowered via DJM
guhfluh
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by guhfluh »

Calfdemon wrote:
Hey Crewcabfan,

Love what you did there. That has to be the first Crew F350 that I have seen lowered like that. While I do not want to go quite as low as you did, I am interested in lowering mine and have not really looked into it as I was not sure the same methods for lowering the lighter trucks would work with the weight of our trucks. I was not sure of the crown vic front end with the size of our trucks and the 460 I have in it, and was also not sure that the dream beams would work with out trucks either. I know you said your truck is bagged as well, but what exactly did you do/use to lower your truck aside from the bags? Again, I am not looking to slam mine, but a 3-5 inch drop would look pretty good I think. Nice job on yours! :thup:
I have just put AIM beams on my F250 Crew and from the research I've done, I have HD beams, just as yours should, so the AIM beams should work for you as well. Just supply your beam length measured from the pivot bolt to the kingpin and kingpin size(large for us), and that's all they should need. For the rear, it depends on what you want for weight capacity, but a hanger and shackle drop would get 4-5" depending how you do the hanger, and an axle flip from AIM will net much more because of the spring pack thickness. I have removed 5 of 9 leaves from my packs so far and will use shackles and hanger to lower the rest I want.
'67 F-250 Crew 2wd 300ci, T-170/RTS/TOD 4-speed overdrive
'96 Dodge Ram ECLB CTD
'99 Dodge Neon ACR 2dr - 10.64@130 (Sold)
'05 Infinity G35 Sedan