Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: SPELL CHECK !!!

Post by BiggDogg »

fordman wrote:
wildcard wrote:Reminds me of a piece I read somewhere a while back, may have been here in the Humor section, where an entire post was written without any vowels at all. And the funny part was that you could read and understand it as well as if it they were spelled right, after you got used to it. Which didn't take long to figure out .
i remember that thread. you could read and understand it.
:yt:
To me, this is just one of those "Pet Peeve" things for some people. Regardless if something is spelled wrong or right, for the most part I think we can comprehend the information being presented. Is it nicer when it's spelled correctly? Sure, but after all, this is a truck forum, so for me, its not really a big deal :2cents: :fr:
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
f100fordtruck

Re: SPELL CHECK !!!

Post by f100fordtruck »

FORDification wrote:I incorporated the spell check here, but then I discovered I have to upload a full dictionary to the database. (At present there is no dictionary for the spell check to refer to.) The dictionary is very large, and I've found that it's going to take an entire evening to do so, and the forums will have to be offline to do it....which is why I've been postponing it. I keep waiting for a time when I can do it over several hours in the wee hours in the morning when nobody's logged it, to minimize the inconvenience. It's definitely on the to-do list. :thup:
Could you type up the words in Microsoft word or notepad or something along those lines then copy and paste it into the spell check directory?
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...