Re working paint ideas

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

68muscletruck

Re working paint ideas

Post by 68muscletruck »

I'm planning to start the body work on my bump in march and squirt it in april baby blue again with some black accents... also planning to tint the windows... these are pics of my 68 F100 as it currently looks and a basic idea of what I colored over a black and white photocopy of the CLASSIC TRUCKS magazine Bumpside Build-off column. I currently have the bump painted black with a pin stripe around the edge, Plan to just paint the bump this time around, no pin stripe or trim, just hte black bump, I plan to do the Rocker panels black again but am debating on having it follow up along the wheel well, then the ring in the back that goes to the tail light housing and tail gate I plan to do the same as it currently is, then the roof black and possibly a black hood or black accents on the hood like the C stripe styled designs on the hoods of some dent sides, also along hte lines of the picture, i plan to lower the truck when I get back from my mission in 2012. Opinions on the paint? do's and don'ts?

PS I don't plan to shave any of the hood emblems

as for the tailgate, i'm planning on smoothing over the current tail light positions and relocating them in a roll pan for beneath the tailgate I'm ordering in the next few weeks, Not sure what to do on the tail gate, I'm going to get a straight one, and want the majority of it to be black, not sure what to do for blue accents on it though

as you can tell not all the stripes line up, it was a late night effort to put the black stripes on the black truck to show some kids at school the following day lol

This is the 'sort of' plan, sorry its kind of blurry :s
Scotty George
http://scottysstripes.blogspot.com
1968 Ford F100 390 FE
1967AceStroker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Re working paint ideas

Post by 1967AceStroker »

If you paint it just like in the drawing on the bottom, that will look sharp. The ONLY blue accents on the back should be the ford letters and the ring around the letters, thats it. And if you want some black on the hood, you should make the center raised part black. I think if you did the lower body sides, just like the picture including the wheel wells, would be best.

Thats an unusual paint scheme for a bump, but I like it, its unique.
My Project Thread (Not updated in years.)
1967 F-100, Shortbed, 351W - 72mm Single Turbo - Megasquirt MS3x Engine Management, Tremec TKO 500, Ford 9" - Strange Nodular Center Section - Strange 35 Spline Axles - Strange Full Spool - Caltracs - DJM Drop Kit, Crown Vic IFS Swapped - 2 Coils Cut, Power Steering, Power 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Paint - Kona Blue
68muscletruck

Post by 68muscletruck »

Thanks for your input, i appreciate it, I know its different, i was thinking about doing it along the schemes of the two tone factory paint jobs with the top half blue and the lower half black under the bump, but i saw one that way with almost my exact blue and black and it was not really so appealing to me so i decided to try and rethink what i already had since i liked it. The drawing kind of has a darker blue ish gray to it just above the bump that just came from putting colored pencil over the gray scale photo copy, lol
Scotty George
http://scottysstripes.blogspot.com
1968 Ford F100 390 FE
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

heres a better bump, different grille but it works if you want to redo it.
it was on the forums
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...