lets show and tell the stories about r trucks

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

71 side step crazy

lets show and tell the stories about r trucks

Post by 71 side step crazy »

Ok mines a 71 f100 stepside custom has a 390 bored out to a 396 overhauled cam lifted rods flat top pistons a 4bl 750 cfm edobrock carb siting on a 2in high rise has shaved heads with a set of raceing headers has a c6 trans pumkin has 246 riing and pion. Truck is all original except for motor trans and pumkin.the body has 147,000 miles the motor trans and rear end has 47,000 miles.I'm the 2nd owner I'm trying to make it look like my grandpas he had the same truck and he passed away and my grandma parked it and the weather got to it real bad only need a cupel of stuff in side the cab to make it like his and a set of side pipes and then it will be real close to his so let see and hear ur truck stories my has a lot of hart going in to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: lets show and tell the stories about r trucks

Post by sacramento_ford »

was cruising down the freeway , just got the truck , i was with my wife. and we were following this old man. he changes laneat the last sec. on the freeway and me and my wife saw this big huge dining chair and was real wood. we were like omg!!! the truck hit it and the chair pretty much exploded. you can almost hear the truck say, GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY!! only a dented licensee plate... ahha priceless memory.
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by NM5K »

Nice stepside.. I like those for street trucks. All it needs is to swap the big mirrors for
1980's Ford truck mirrors which look as bit more car like, and have much less wind resistance.
I have em on mine, and love em.. I got rid of the semi truck mirrors it used to have..
Course, if you did that, you would have to fill a few holes in the doors.. :(
The mirrors I'm using now came off a 87...
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip
71 side step crazy

I would love to see how those look on ur truck I have bin thinking about puting dif ones on
NM5K
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by NM5K »

I found a shot that shows mine. Actually, you could probably find some that look better than
these. You could use actual car type mirrors, and I think Ford did have an option for those.
They look about the same as what you would see on a Galaxy or whatever.. But they also have
aftermarket mirrors too..
Mine are still "truck" mirrors, and I need the wide stance being as I have a wide bed and
tow a trailer from time to time. But I like these a whole lot better than the old "freightliner"
or "western" looking mirrors it used to have. #1, there is a single curved brace that hooks at
two places on the door. So no "triangle" from the side. Also, the whole mess can be folded in
if I need it out of the way. That brace swivels on the mounts. And also they have a bit of a
dome to the front to cut wind resistance a bit. Not huge, but enough to help. And also they
are stainless with a chrome look front dish on the mirrors. My old ones were painted..
BTW, my truck is not as nice as yours.. :( Basically a work truck. It runs well though.. :thup:
I could drive it anywhere. Ditto for the 74 F-100, except it's brake master cyl flaked out and I
need to change it. And it did that just sitting there... :/ The last time I drove it, the brakes
were fine. My 68 wouldn't look half bad if I'd get off my butt and paint it. It needs it bad.
Course it has that funky shell that looks kinda goofy, but like I say, this truck is utility, not show.
Like I said, those are Ford factory mirrors off a 1987 F-150. My 74 has black plastic aftermarket
mirrors. They were there when I got it.
1968 F-250 / 300 six / T-18
Dana 60 - 4.10 Limited Slip
71 side step crazy

Urs looks good mine was a work truck and I got it off my dad and when I did I told him don't think about useing it as a work truck now and after a paint job "was red" my dad looked at me and said ill trade my 2000 F250 for it. I looked at him and said ur stupid u think I would trade my baby for ur thin meatle junk lol I for got to add in the story I told the motor in my truck was free and all the parts I had where paid back to me pluse keeping the parts and my dad and I got paid for our labor lol napa [censored] up our motor and they gave us a new crate block bored it out for us and said they will pay for parts and labor lol "means free motor" lol