64%
get a life
5%

Total votes: 22

oil_dripper

Re: need opinions

Post by oil_dripper »

ezernut9mm wrote:
oil_dripper wrote: Yeah Do It!............. I have 15" on mine with 235/70/15 tires, cut the coils(start with 1 full coil) to see how ya like it. Just remember the camber problem youll go thru tires faster, ALSO Its a bumpy ride but has an attitude like you are going for. Here in so.cal there are soooo many cars on the road I gotta drive slow anyways so might as well be lowwwww! [ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
how is the rear lowered? looks like an axle flip.

No axle flip in the rear... The rear is a shackle flip & the front of the rear spring mounts have been moved upward(rotated). Ill post pictures soon.
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

Here is the best I can do with a bad camera.

You can see where the factory mountion was.

Running a 235/75/15 tire
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Basically what we did(eze and I did ours basically the same time only his is sold and gone and mine is still in pieces) I need to study what you did to the rear shackle as I have the flex-o-matic too. wish I had a closer pic of my rears. I think the bucket link in my sig line will let you view all my photobucket pics where I took it back apart and reversed the flip and measured it for another member here.

My apologies to ezernut, buddy didn't mean to cause a :hj: .
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

This is how it was when I got the truck 3 weeks ago. I'm gonna change alot of stuff on it as I want it lower. If you need more Picts of it that won't be a problem. The truck rides ok but is bumpy, I think since it's a long bed that helps out alot with how it rides.
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

Not to be a thread hack but wondering if someone can post pictures of there stock spring shackle with the spring attached ( both sides )? Thanks
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

yep, i did almost the same thing with my front hangers, but i have not seen that done in the rear with the shackles on flex-o-matics before.
your truck has a good looking stance though.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

ezernut9mm wrote:yep, i did almost the same thing with my front hangers, but i have not seen that done in the rear with the shackles on flex-o-matics before.
your truck has a good looking stance though.

Hey Im kinda new to the ford f100 scene.... Wondering what flex-o-matics is(im assuming leaf springs) and why is it different than regular?
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

the idea behind the f-o-m spring set up was to get a good ride loaded or empty. the regular springs had a normal rear shackle like what you are probably used to seeing. the f-o-m set up has that three eye set up with that weird looking center piece.

here is the flex-o-matic schematic. (note the stuff the big arrow is pointing to).

http://www.fordification.com/tech/image ... -wflex.jpg
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

ImageImageImage
ForingaMex
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by ForingaMex »

oil_dripper wrote: No axle flip in the rear... The rear is a shackle flip & the front of the rear spring mounts have been moved upward(rotated). Ill post pictures soon.
I don't mean to highjack this thread but I think there is some misinformation here.
From the look of the picture the rear spring hanger is stock, the way it came from the factory. You can't flip the rear hanger to lower it since even stock the spring just barely clears the bed crossmember. Just my :2cents:
-Jake
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

-02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
-72 Ford F100 LWB 390/C6 (Retired for now till I can rebuild/transform it)
-2000 Ford Windstar (Family Vehicle)
-92 VW Beetle (Mexican)
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

Your right!... Im Soooo new to this f110 thing and just found out by ezernut9mm the 2 different rear spring styles it looked like a shackle I had never seen before so I took the word of the previous owner saying it had been flipped but I guess not? Im glad I posted pictures of it. I still cant figure out why its so low? The springs are over the axel, wondering how many leafs(each side) are usually under the rear of a 1/2 ton?
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

ForingaMex wrote:
oil_dripper wrote: No axle flip in the rear... The rear is a shackle flip & the front of the rear spring mounts have been moved upward(rotated). Ill post pictures soon.
I don't mean to highjack this thread but I think there is some misinformation here.
From the look of the picture the rear spring hanger is stock, the way it came from the factory. You can't flip the rear hanger to lower it since even stock the spring just barely clears the bed crossmember. Just my :2cents:
So im my pictures is the front mount flipped or reversed where the spring eye is on the top now and should be on the bottom from the factory?
ForingaMex
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by ForingaMex »

Correct. The front hanger bracket is flipped (full flip) and that is why your truck is so low. From what I've heard, flipping the hanger the way it is on your truck will give you 4-5 inches of drop.
-Jake
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

-02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
-72 Ford F100 LWB 390/C6 (Retired for now till I can rebuild/transform it)
-2000 Ford Windstar (Family Vehicle)
-92 VW Beetle (Mexican)
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Diff will need to be shimmed to retain correct pinion angle
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

BobbyFord wrote:Diff will need to be shimmed to retain correct pinion angle

The spring pads on the rearend have been cut off and rewelded back on the correct degree. Im thinking by doing this I got al least 5" of drop, Anyone know how many leaf's are supposto be on the rear spring pack of a 1/2 ton truck? Im gonna count mine and am interested in seeing if any were taken out also.