5%

Total votes: 22

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

need opinions

Post by ezernut9mm »

bring 'em!
ok. my wife has been laid off for almost two months and money's getting tight. i'm pretty good at clinching the fist in a sqeeze and making ends meet so i'm not too worried there, but her absence of work has me doing what i do and that's cut from the bottom up.
the 66 project is going. i have already made deals to sell some big ticket items from the the truck that will let me pay off some stuff and get my overhead a little lower. so that gives me some breathing room and that's what i need right now.
the actual question that i need opinions on is this; i have two 8" wide 15's with new tires that i have no intention of selling. it took too long to find these and i am hanging on to them come hell or high water.
so, i want to put them on the 70. i also want to lower it with the "free" cut coils and spring hanger flip. should i?
that is the question.

btw, i am talking about the green (gold) farm truck in my sig.
Last edited by ezernut9mm on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
BiggDogg
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: need opinions

Post by BiggDogg »

I thought the green truck was a '70? I say lower it and put the 15's 8)
1970 F250 Camper Special
"Its no coincidence that man's best friend can't talk."
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

BiggDogg wrote:I thought the green truck was a '70? I say lower it and put the 15's 8)
it is. i am stuck in the past. lol. i will edit.
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
brandon.k
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by brandon.k »

Do it! It would look good. :D I wish mine sat like your yellow one.
ImageImage
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Cheep and free are two good things right now.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
guerra
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by guerra »

Put the wheels on and do lower it. it will bring a smile to your face!
1967 f-100 lwb 360/c6
1969 f-100 swb 351/c6 (project)
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

yeah, i figure this project will satisfy my want to play and take away the pain of selling off my 66 project.

ImageImageImage
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

:2cents: I say blast and paint the wheels 8's out back stock on front. I think red with caps aqnd rings would do alot. Do the flip and coil cut , you did the work you know how it comes out and whats involed. Cake walk for a stepper like you. Again my jusy my :2cents: . I know you you'll come out OK. you got my number if ya want to kick it around.
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

wt4speed#2 wrote::2cents: I say blast and paint the wheels 8's out back stock on front. I think red with caps aqnd rings would do alot. Do the flip and coil cut , you did the work you know how it comes out and whats involed. Cake walk for a stepper like you. Again my jusy my :2cents: . I know you you'll come out OK. you got my number if ya want to kick it around.

tony, you really think red would look good on this old green (gold) truck? i'm thinking boring old wimbleton white. i have a bad color to work with and am having a hard time with what color to paint the wheels.

ImageImageImage
FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FormerMarine1981 »

I say do it, make it a sleeper. If you are not going to change the paint anytime soon I say leave the wheels alone to match the aged look of the truck. What color are the 15's? If you are going to paint them I say go with flat black and use the same dog dish hubcaps you have or find some faded chrome dog dish. :2cents: :thup:
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

ezernut9mm wrote:
wt4speed#2 wrote::2cents: I say blast and paint the wheels 8's out back stock on front. I think red with caps aqnd rings would do alot. Do the flip and coil cut , you did the work you know how it comes out and whats involed. Cake walk for a stepper like you. Again my jusy my :2cents: . I know you you'll come out OK. you got my number if ya want to kick it around.

tony, you really think red would look good on this old green (gold) truck? i'm thinking boring old wimbleton white. i have a bad color to work with and am having a hard time with what color to paint the wheels.
Ok maybe not the bright red but I think something like the old rustoleum primer red would set it apart from most. Lowered with the white and 8's out back gonna look like a slot car just my :2cents:
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
wt's ride
thebucket
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

the 8's are perfect just the way they sit, but i don't think i can match the fronts. check 'em out.

ImageImageImage
oil_dripper

Post by oil_dripper »

Yeah Do It!............. I have 15" on mine with 235/70/15 tires, cut the coils(start with 1 full coil) to see how ya like it. Just remember the camber problem youll go thru tires faster, ALSO Its a bumpy ride but has an attitude like you are going for. Here in so.cal there are soooo many cars on the road I gotta drive slow anyways so might as well be lowwwww! Image
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

oil_dripper wrote: Yeah Do It!............. I have 15" on mine with 235/70/15 tires, cut the coils(start with 1 full coil) to see how ya like it. Just remember the camber problem youll go thru tires faster, ALSO Its a bumpy ride but has an attitude like you are going for. Here in so.cal there are soooo many cars on the road I gotta drive slow anyways so might as well be lowwwww! [ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
how is the rear lowered? looks like an axle flip.

ImageImageImage
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

ezernut9mm wrote:the 8's are perfect just the way they sit, but i don't think i can match the fronts. check 'em out.
I agree Chris the patina<sp> on the 8's is dead on , and I just might have the mates for the front in my shed. You'll figure it out friend.
oil_dripper wrote: Yeah Do It!............. I have 15" on mine with 235/70/15 tires, cut the coils(start with 1 full coil) to see how ya like it. Just remember the camber problem youll go thru tires faster, ALSO Its a bumpy ride but has an attitude like you are going for.

Check the yellow truck(tear in my eye) in his sig line, ezer has the lowering on a budget down to an art(although not as low as yours ) been there, done that, "DESIGNED" the T shirt. I had the pleasure of driving"goldilocks" and it was right when he finished it.
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
wt's ride
thebucket