whos worse and deadly.

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

whos worse and deadly.

Post by sacramento_ford »

as a commercial driver ive studies the driving habit of these people ,, choice. is , six choices are all equal in my book ... , WHO IS WORSE!!!!

1... seniors....
2. drunk drivers
3. women drivers
4. slow drivers
5. sleepy drivers
6. young drivers

im gonna have to say 1 and 3
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: whos worse and deadly.

Post by BobbyFord »

I think people texting would have to be included.
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

after 14 years on the street (city p&d driver) i would have to say the one that's not on your list; drivers that are in a hurry.
they do all the wrong things at the worst times. them and then people not paying attention (or only look to the end of their hood and not at the road ahead).
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

I am going to have to say, the complete human race. People forgot how to drive. Down here in FL, you know they haven't invented the turn signal lever yet! All the vehicles have the lights, but I am guessing there is no on switch inside the car! :hmm:

:hn:
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

I have to add one more.

Pedestrians

Had a lady walk across 5 lanes of traffic yesterday. Never looked, just stepped off of the curb. She made it 4 lanes but darn near didn't make the 5th one. I was road testing a rolloff truck. Had a 13 speed back into 4th, Jake on high and smoke rolling off of 6 wheels before she saw me. Had traffic to my left and 2 more peds on the berm so driving around her wasn't an option. :loco:
Clay

72 F100 4x2 Custom,289, C4 " Slow Ride "
70 F250 4x2 Ranger XLT , 360, C6 "B52 - IV"
96 F150 4x2 XL, 300, E4OD, daily driver

" Professional Wrecker Operators - We Pull for America "
HayHauler

Post by HayHauler »

#4, #3 :cuss: :hw:
No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. -- Voltaire
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

old sleepy female drivers that are texting while drunk
1967 Flareside Shortbed Crew
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

fireguywtc
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fireguywtc »

BobbyFord wrote:I think people texting would have to be included.
Yes! absolutely, but I would group this problem into a generic category of distracted drivers. In this group I would include anyone who is distracted by cell phones, radio, GPS, passangers, and many more things.

as far as deadly drivers I would rate them like this

1: Intoxicated/sleepy drivers
2: Young
3: distracted/inexperienced
4: driving too fast or in a hurry

All of those types of accidents I see a lot of and I would consider them all very close to each other. I am just basing the deadly aspect of it off of what I have seen.

as far as annoying or causing problems I would rate them in a different order and group. I don't think women are inherently bad drivers but tend to be distracted more often. When they are paying attention they are safer and take less risk then men. I think the most annoying is older and slower drivers that don't get out of the way.
Bill
1967 F-250 LWB 2WD 352 V8, 4spd manual, true duals, 122k original miles (currently being restored)
1970 F-250 4x4 highboy ranger 390 V8, 4spd
2012 F-350 PSD FX4 LWB CC lariat, white
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... hp?uid=602
"If you want to judge a person's true character, give them power."
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Well I'm becoming a fast expert on this subject. I may not be in the same class as ezer and some of the others but when I've got the big trailer(53' from tail to hitch) out back and a full load of cars on a scale ratio I'm just as heavy(not quite so bad with the 7500, and for now it's gear bound and slow)my main concern is the ones that just pull out and don't even look at whats behind them. I been tryin to get my boss to let me put a big sign on my tailgate/ramp . I want it to read "Nobody wants to be behind a load of golf carts ...then again they don't want to be in front of them either".
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

Young Asian girls with cellphones. The old and feeble are next.
flatblack

Post by flatblack »

the worst drivers are the ones not good at multi tasking...i have no problem texting while driving or talking on the phone, there is a time and a place, texting takes as much time as changing the radio station or changing a cd... it hurts me to no end about how people complain about young drivers.... quit spoiling your kids and buying them a new vehicle every time they wreck it, make them pay for it... its a priveledge.... treat it like one!
Nitrous is like a hot girl with std's... you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences
Davids68F250

Post by Davids68F250 »

Illegal immigrants. They drive slow to not get pulled over, but they have very bad driving skills.
1961 Ford F-100. Chrysler 318, 727.

1968 Ford F-250. 360, 4 speed. 17.34 at 79 mph. SOLD
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

Around Charlotte it is the people in a hurry I see cause all of the problems. Tailgating is very bad here. That and just swapping lanes left and right even though the idiots are not going to get there any faster. OK maybe a minute or two faster but is it worth it?
I have trouble with them in my 71 F100 because it looks OK. I just put a 1990 Jeep Cherokee on the road and they don't give me as many problems when driving it for some reason. lol
If I am in the fast lane, have several cars in front of me and nowhere to go but have a reasonable following distance in front of me and some idiot runs up my back side I will brake check him, if I can do it without endangering somebody other that us two. I honestly hate somebody to ride my bumper trying to make me speed up when there is now where for me to go anyway. People are in too much of a hurry.
I bet if I had to cross town and did it from the same address both ends and drove like a complete idiot and then drove it with respect to other drivers there would not be more than 5 minutes difference in arrival times.
My father has 35 years driving a tractor trailer and I always figured that would be my career until I married. He always taught me to leave early enough to have a flat tire on the way and still get there in time. A lot of idiots that tailgate could learn a lot from him.
Clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

The people in a hurry or at least the ones that don't think about anybody but themselves on the road probably cause the most problems.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

I think people who drive new rice burners. I drive a old 82 ford and no problems execept today got pulled over today because a cop seen me burn my right tire. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD
1982 Ford F150 flareside 300 T18(new model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 4wd Daily driver

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.