WAS I WRONG FOR DOING THIS

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

WAS I WRONG FOR DOING THIS

Post by sacramento_ford »

well i went to the flea market, guy selling next to me in a truck has a big door, so the wind caught it the 1st time, he said oh sorry, so i put some jeans there as a safety measure, so then the second time, wind really caught it ,,,kablam!!! so the only decent part of trim is dented, so i said dude, just gimme 10 buck. he tried giving me 5. but it wasnt bout the money, im tired of poeple saying, sorry... as a excuse they got caught dinging my truck, i hated to put him on the spot with his wife and kids.then it swings on a nother vendors truck, i had to make him pay,,, maybe now he will care, felt bad later onfor taking money from his family but to me it was principle ,
bigredball90

Re: WAS I WRONG FOR DOING THIS

Post by bigredball90 »

heck no. I would have made him give me his info and taken it to a body shop and made him pay for it, especially since you warned him first.
no truck just a merkur...
69rangerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69rangerf100 »

i second that
David

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Daily Driver - 1998 Honda Accord
Wife's Ride - 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Project - My Dad's 1969 F100 Ranger 390 w/ 3spd manual coming soon PS, PB, A/C and alot of paint and body work - Miss you Dad
http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/69rangerf100/
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

kill him hahahaha kidding

but i also second that
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD
1982 Ford F150 flareside 300 T18(new model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 4wd Daily driver

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

An LMC or DC catalog makes for a strong argument to force him to pay $50 or better. Or pull out a ball peen hammer and ask how much his windshield is worth?

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

Ranchero50 wrote:An LMC or DC catalog makes for a strong argument to force him to pay $50 or better. Or pull out a ball peen hammer and ask how much his windshield is worth?[/color]

Jamie
That is exactly what I would have done.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I stopped doing car shows because people feel they are entitled to do whatever they want to your stuff.

In fact I tell people now who walk up and start handling my cars: "Oh, would it be ok with YOU if I go touch YOUR WIFE any way I feel like right now??!" That usually helps get the point across!

I was at an airshow this weekend for vintage military aircraft and saw a small child literlly hanging off a mounted wing missle with his feet well off the ground.

I looked immediately for his parents, and Dad was coming over, so i didn't say anything since he was young and Dad would now instruct him how to behave....NOT!! Good old Dad decided to try hanging from the wing mounted missle TOO!

SHEESH!! That's why my stuff just cruises town and NEVER gets entered in shows anymore!
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

You did the right thing, i was walking across a parking lot and a woman opened her door and slamed it into my mustang so hard the car shook and left a dent the size of a nickle . i was 30 feet from the car and seen it plain as day, the woman get out and looks at the dent and tells her friend that shes hungry and not worried about it and starts walking away, im walking up to them saying excuse me you just hit my car and not getting a responce, tapped her on the shoulder and told her that i seen her hit my car a, she went into a rage and cussed me up and down that she didnt hit my car to the point someone called the cops, and im thinking cant belive this is happing over me saying something to her calm for denting my car. the cop show up and take statements, when i gave mine i ask him to seat them back in there SUV, ask the cop to open the door to see that she had hit me, the dent lined up perfect with the door, swaped insurance info, i went and got estaments at 3 of the highest places i could think of. the lowest being $389 and mailed them off to her, a week later i recived a check from her and thought if she would have acted like she had some scence non of this would have happind but since she cussed me out for HER hitting me i cashed the check and thought " wonder if shes going to slam someone elses ride"
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by sacramento_ford »

OK THANKS. i feel better, sure it was ten buck but i look at it as im gonna have to replace it now so its their cut of the bill. replacing trims a pain. another guy at the flea market, man he got away good., ive made it a habit to check right away for now on, but whe i see him,,,, i feel discusted , now thats the prick who dinged my truck , once i felt the truck move i should have matched up the doors
BackRoadBomber

Post by BackRoadBomber »

You're too nice I wouldn't of even gave him the chance... I woulda walked to the front of his vehicle, wrote down his plate number, and said give me $200 or I'll call the police and have them write up a report and your insurance can handle it. I wouldn't even care if it's my $1000 winter beater f-150 I just hate how people can be so blatenly ignorant. plus I'm a d!ck when it comes to my trucks. lol
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

I don't think you were wrong for doing this at all. $10 is a very very fair amount of money to charge him compared to what you could've charged him. Your a good man for not throwing something through his windshield :lol:.
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Dan wrote:I stopped doing car shows because people feel they are entitled to do whatever they want to your stuff.

In fact I tell people now who walk up and start handling my cars: "Oh, would it be ok with YOU if I go touch YOUR WIFE any way I feel like right now??!" That usually helps get the point across!

I was at an airshow this weekend for vintage military aircraft and saw a small child literlly hanging off a mounted wing missle with his feet well off the ground.

I looked immediately for his parents, and Dad was coming over, so i didn't say anything since he was young and Dad would now instruct him how to behave....NOT!! Good old Dad decided to try hanging from the wing mounted missle TOO!

SHEESH!! That's why my stuff just cruises town and NEVER gets entered in shows anymore!
I stopped entering shows becuase of the clauses that siad "In the event that anybody, including but not limited to other enthusiests,City,county,state employees ad car show admin damage your vehicle, even with malicious intent you have no right to sue once you sign this waiver. No waiver no entrance into show. _show admin."
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

I would've done the samething. One of the first nights I had my old 70 out on the town my good friend and I were sitting behind her boyfirends job waiting for him to get off work and one of the kids that works there was dragging trash cans to the dumpster and he banged them up against the front passenger side of the truck on his way back in and i was just sitting there and I said "what the f%*k!!!" and scared the crap out of the kid with turned out to be her boyfriend :lol: oh man i've never seen that kid get so scared :lol: . When he got off work he said I didn't recognize you guys in that truck I thought you were gonna kill me. If it would've been the dumpster that he hit my truck with I might have killed him and stole his girlfriend :evil:
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c