Official 2011 Ford Supernationals M-N-G thread 5/12-5/14

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

Will you be at the 2011 All Ford Supernational in Pigeon Forge, Tn this year?

I will definitely be there with my truck!
13%
I will definitely be there bumpless.
20%
I'm gonna try to make it with my Bumpside!
47%
I'm gonna try to make it Bumpless.
7%
Maybe...I'll confirm later in the below thread.
13%

Total votes: 15

basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Official 2011 Ford Supernationals M-N-G thread 5/12-5/14

Post by basketcase0302 »

Guys (and Gals),

It's real hard to believe another year has already passed since I was trying to make it to Pigeon Forge, Tn for the Supernationals! Here was one of last years threads about it:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 10&t=46989

The 2011 show will be here before we know it, (May the 12th/13th/14th this year).
Below is the link to the show information:
http://www.f100supernationals.com/

I know there are a few guys here on Fordification that make it to Pigeon Forge every year, (I'm finally close enough that I believe BC #16 would make the drive). So I'm gonna' take the "bull by the horns and run with it" here to organize a M-N-G to coincide with the show. But I could also please use some help, (and some input) with what could be an awesome Fordification Meet-N-Greet with a lot of bumps owners in attendance! Please vote on the poll above if you might be able to make it, (and please post below in this thread to confirm-or even that you might be there)! We can use the poll to gauge how large an area would be needed to get all our trucks together for a picture.
My goal...would be to get at least 20 of our trucks together for a picture!
No we're all not show quality...
But in quantity we might make for some good publicity for Fordification! :fr:

Keep in mind...your truck doesn't have to be a show truck for this! Look at mine! :lol:
It's simply sharing our love of the Bumpside era trucks, that makes for some good conversation.:wink:

I'll start trying to get PM's out to anyone within a hundred miles or so of the show grounds in the next few weeks, (this alone is days worth of work to find all the members in a certain geographical area). I did it for our 2 Florida M-N-G's. I could use some help with this, if anyone could please! I could also use some help from the veterans, (CWCBY/429Blackpearl to name a few) that have been there to the show grounds and know the area pretty well, (I haven't been to Pigeon Forge since around 1983)! Please pipe in with suggestions everyone!
I would go out on a limb and say that we shouldn't set a firm day to get all the trucks together, until we've gotten quite a bit of input here. Due to the fact that there might be a few Fordification members here in the show-that would also like to attend the M-N-G)?

The show is 3 days so there's more than enough time there for us to all get together. :thup:

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Official 2011 Ford Supernationals M-N-G thread 5/12-5/14

Post by ezernut9mm »

this is one i really want to go to someday...someday.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
jthulan

Post by jthulan »

I would like to attend this. My truck is not show quality at all, and even though I've attended hundreds of car shows, I've never participated in one, and wouldn't know where to begin. I don't know if I would come down for one day only, or stay the night(s) as I'm only a couple of hours away. :woohoo:
1971 F100 Custom, 119,xxx miles
1984 Chevy Silverado, 437,xxx miles, original owner
1976 Ford Ranchero GT, 130,xxx miles
2015 Volvo XC60R, 60,xxx miles, daily
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

jthulan on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm
I would like to attend this. My truck is not show quality at all, and even though I've attended hundreds of car shows, I've never participated in one, and wouldn't know where to begin. I don't know if I would come down for one day only, or stay the night(s) as I'm only a couple of hours away. :woohoo:
This MNG would be as an informal as it gets, (we would just be using the Supernationals show as an excuse to meet)! :lol: It would be an added bonus to convince the "better half" on making it there! :wink:

I've got to apologize...as I've got a new job that's keeping me real busy and haven't had time to start on PM'ing our members here.
Could sure use some help with this if anyone has a little time on their hands. :pray:
Jeff
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Racer Z

Post by Racer Z »

Maybe in a few years when I don't have as many responsibilities and have the time to get away. It would be a three day drive each direction for me.
jthulan

Post by jthulan »

basketcase0302 wrote:
jthulan on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm
This MNG would be as an informal as it gets, (we would just be using the Supernationals show as an excuse to meet)! :lol: It would be an added bonus to convince the "better half" on making it there! :wink:

I've got to apologize...as I've got a new job that's keeping me real busy and haven't had time to start on PM'ing our members here.
Could sure use some help with this if anyone has a little time on their hands. :pray:
I leave for Hawaii this Saturday for two weeks :woohoo: but when I get back I might have some extra time. We'll talk when I get back.
1971 F100 Custom, 119,xxx miles
1984 Chevy Silverado, 437,xxx miles, original owner
1976 Ford Ranchero GT, 130,xxx miles
2015 Volvo XC60R, 60,xxx miles, daily
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

I leave for Hawaii this Saturday for two weeks :woohoo: but when I get back I might have some extra time. We'll talk when I get back.
Stay safe over there and have a good vacation. Gotta' be a few bumps left over there in Hawaii?

With three "maybes" above that's not too bad... :(
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Phil105

Post by Phil105 »

I've got reservations at the Condo Lodge for the 11th - 15th. I do plan to drive my truck - hope to meet some of you there.
Phil Johnston
Thomaston, GA
Better Get Into A Ford Son!
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Phil,

I'll check with my brother this week to see where he's staying, (I'll probably stay at the same place he does). I'll also try to get the member database in order by next week, (still aint' sent out any PM's). :(

Got five guys above saying "probably", way I figure that's a good start! :thup:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
Joshpow
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Joshpow »

I really want to be there. Im wide open trying to get the bump ready to accompany me. Hope to see some people there.
Josh

72 F-100 Ranger XLT SWB
71 F-100 Custom SWB
67 F-350 Dually Dump
02 F-250 Stroke
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2972100
67fordman1

Post by 67fordman1 »

PLANNING ON BEING THERE, WENT LAST YEAR AND REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Guys (and gals),

Really hate to do this, but I will have to stand down for this show, my financial means force me to do so. I needed to be able to make room reservations by today to make it happen, (if you wait much longer than today-you probably won't get a place to stay near by).
From the bottom of my heart I apologize to everyone here. And please if there is anyone here that can take this on, please do so. The Supernationals is such a perfect place for a Fordification meet-n-greet.
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
jayineasttn

Post by jayineasttn »

I live about 45 minutes from pigeon forge and drilled a bunch of wells through there... as of now i'm scheduled to work that weekend, but i've got a guy who owes me a couple of days. AAND my old boss has a unused shop with a parking lot about 2 minutes down wears valley road from the main drag which might be an okay photo location.20 trucks might be a squeeze though. I'm by no means an organizational genius and brand new on this forum to boot, but i know the area pretty well. Basketcase, have you considered staying in Alcoa or Maryville? I'm right by the airport and hotels down this way are pretty reasonable. Lemme know if theres anything i can do to assist anyone.

Update: i spoke to my co worker and he said he'll take sat or sunday for me so ill def. be there bump or no bump. Preferably with it, but I'm going regardless. So if nobody comes up with a better location, I'll get the OK to use the old shop.
Every man has his secret sorrows that the world knows not; oftentimes, we call a man cold when he is only sad. -Longfellow
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

jayineasttn on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:09 pm
I live about 45 minutes from pigeon forge and drilled a bunch of wells through there... as of now i'm scheduled to work that weekend, but i've got a guy who owes me a couple of days. AAND my old boss has a unused shop with a parking lot about 2 minutes down wears valley road from the main drag which might be an okay photo location.20 trucks might be a squeeze though. I'm by no means an organizational genius and brand new on this forum to boot, but i know the area pretty well. Basketcase, have you considered staying in Alcoa or Maryville? I'm right by the airport and hotels down this way are pretty reasonable. Lemme know if theres anything i can do to assist anyone.
Jay, it's a combination of a lot of issues for me that I won't be able to make it. Financially as well as time off from work that I'd need and having a few issues with my bump (wondering if it would make it or not). :(
Please by all means...take the reins here and schedule the meet-n-greet. It doesn't really take much to organize it. The time consuming issue for the two Florida MNG's I organized was contacting everyone in the area letting them know about it. :thup:
Jeff
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4