New Take Off 1972 Ranger XLT Tailgate *edit* posting deleted

Online listings for parts/related. No vehicles please.

Moderator: FORDification

72BahamaBlue
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

New Take Off 1972 Ranger XLT Tailgate *edit* posting deleted

Post by 72BahamaBlue »

Last edited by 72BahamaBlue on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: New Take Off 1972 Ranger XLT Tailgate

Post by chicof100 »

The listing is gone. I wonder who bought it. I asked for closer pictures of the gate, trying to see if there was any flaws. I do know someone from Mn. was inquiring about it. The seller really did not want to ship it. That's why the gate was put on Craigslist.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
1969ranger

Re: New Take Off 1972 Ranger XLT Tailgate *edit* posting deleted

Post by 1969ranger »

He offered to sell it to me for $300.00 but he would not ship to me in Tennessee. It is now in Hemet California for sale listed on ebay.
1969ranger

Post by 1969ranger »

The original listing on craigslist also said mint but from looking at pictures on ebay it is far from mint.
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

1969ranger wrote:The original listing on craigslist also said mint but from looking at pictures on ebay it is far from mint.
Your correct, far from mint. I can make it mint, but choose not to at this time. I bought this for a customer of mine. After he saw it, he didn't want it.
Like I said, I can make it mint, but I don't want to put that much time and money into it. At least not yet. If it doesn't sell, I will cherry the panel.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
crewcabfan

Post by crewcabfan »

chicof100 wrote:
1969ranger wrote:The original listing on craigslist also said mint but from looking at pictures on ebay it is far from mint.
Your correct, far from mint. I can make it mint, but choose not to at this time. I bought this for a customer of mine. After he saw it, he didn't want it.
Like I said, I can make it mint, but I don't want to put that much time and money into it. At least not yet. If it doesn't sell, I will cherry the panel.
I'll watch this one closely, not interested in the panel just a solid tailgate really. i would like to buy from you because you ship nationwide and make some tuff crates for your grilles.
so if you decide you wanna split'em I call dibs on the tailgate :wink:
WWHFD? what would Henry Ford do?

BUILD IT BETTER !!!
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

crewcabfan wrote:
chicof100 wrote:
I'll watch this one closely, not interested in the panel just a solid tailgate really. i would like to buy from you because you ship nationwide and make some tuff crates for your grilles.
so if you decide you wanna split'em I call dibs on the tailgate :wink:
Just so I will keep you in mind if It comes to separating the two, send me a PM. with your offer.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles
1969ranger

Post by 1969ranger »

I need to get woodgrain material for ranger trim pieces. Someone on e-bay does not want to reveal his sources. It would be nice to restore my parts without having to pay an outrageous prices for parts.
chicof100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by chicof100 »

1969ranger wrote:I need to get woodgrain material for ranger trim pieces. Someone on e-bay does not want to reveal his sources. It would be nice to restore my parts without having to pay an outrageous prices for parts.
Try sending Ford an email. Do some research on most popular wood grain used. Find out what was actually used. Since you first asked on ebay, you could've found out by now. Do some researching. Remember you need correct wood grain not just any wood grain.
1964 f100
292 yblock
1969 Ranger
Loving all ford vehicles