Aussie bumpside f350

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

Lew1245

Aussie bumpside f350

Post by Lew1245 »

Hi everyone
I have an australian made 72 f350 dually, 159 inch wheel base that'll need to be restored. It was abit of an inpulse buying decision but owell. Has anyone custom manufactured a longbed long enough to fit one of those? Im starting to think it might be just too long for a project daily car, but love the long styleside beds. Cheers
Jacksdad
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Aussie bumpside f350

Post by Jacksdad »

I thought about it - it's just two beds stitched together with dually fenders added. The fenders themselves can fabricated either by cutting and welding two pairs of F500 and up front fenders, or modifying existing ones to fit.
I'm going with a stake bed for now to get it registered as a truck as soon possible, but maybe down the road I might go that route. It would make an awesome truck.

This thread covers it well and has pictures -

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... hp?t=80649

1971 DRW F350 cab and chassis with an Open Road motorhome conversion, Dana 70, 352 (originally 390)/C6, PS, power front discs, and 159" w/b.
Lew1245

Post by Lew1245 »

Thanks for the reply mate, i've seen that post and thats what made me want a bumpside dually! But i've never seen one with a 159inch wheel base single cab, i didnt realise the difference untill i towed it home!
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

I installed a @11' bed on mine from an old welding truck. After using it the past four years I wouldn't run a regular bed if offered one. I work off of it often and here it is with @ 3k lbs of construction bits on it. I've wished it had taller sides a couple times so I made up some 2x12" planks to bolt together for hauling stone and the like. Plus it dumps so what's not to like.

'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.