T5 in a Dent side

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

Bunkerhillbilly

T5 in a Dent side

Post by Bunkerhillbilly »

Who has put a T5 in a dent side? Just got a 87 T5 tonight. Do u have to shorten drive shaft? What about fab n the clutch?
M-100

Re: T5 in a Dent side

Post by M-100 »

I had a three on the tree and had to shorten drive shaft. Clutch linkage is already done for you if you use the factory bell for a three speed that came in our trucks. You will need an adapter for a classic mustang three speed to t5 conversion. I got mine on ebay. You will also need to move the trans crossmember back. I had to drill two new holes. It is actually very easy.
cold-steel22

Post by cold-steel22 »

Hey M100,
Would you have any pictures of where your shifter comes out of the floor on your conversion? I'm looking at doing the same and keeping my old 3speed bellhousing/clutch linkage on my 67. Wanting to keep my bench seat though. I procured a T5 out of a 96 3.8 mustang for a good price.
1967 Ford F100 SWB project
Project Thread: http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=70519
M-100

Post by M-100 »

Sorry don't know how to post pics. But if you move the seat all the way back the shifter has enough room. I have also seen where someone had there seat recoverd and at the same time modified the seat frame for a little extra space .