Trans linkage

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Trans linkage

Post by sargentrs »

Glad it works! I'd just leave it bare. Thanks for posting it!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Redcrew71

Post by Redcrew71 »

just seen this post. I posted having a problem installing a new C clip to hold the shift linkage to the column shift at the top by the firewall. noticed one one pic here a bolt was used? wondering how the heck to install the c clip does not want to push down onto it and bends easily. thanks.
Ron_Hall

Post by Ron_Hall »

Redcrew71 wrote:just seen this post. I posted having a problem installing a new C clip to hold the shift linkage to the column shift at the top by the firewall. noticed one one pic here a bolt was used? wondering how the heck to install the c clip does not want to push down onto it and bends easily. thanks.
Redcrew71 Are you using the nylon bushing or the rubber/brass? From what I understand with the nylon you don't need the C clips or E clip but they are a total pain(to me). Your C clip might be too thick to fit in the little groove. Some guys drill the rod ends for cotter pins also.

I made my own linkage using the Heim joints(reason for bolts)

Hope this helps.
Ron
1971 F100 SWB 390 FE - bored.030 over
Edelbrock Performer - Holley 600 CFI
Stock heads with some porting - Sanderson FF427 Headers
C6 with stock converter - 3.25 rear end gears
One owner...
Redcrew71

Post by Redcrew71 »

Ron_Hall wrote:
Redcrew71 wrote:just seen this post. I posted having a problem installing a new C clip to hold the shift linkage to the column shift at the top by the firewall. noticed one one pic here a bolt was used? wondering how the heck to install the c clip does not want to push down onto it and bends easily. thanks.
Redcrew71 Are you using the nylon bushing or the rubber/brass? From what I understand with the nylon you don't need the C clips or E clip but they are a total pain(to me). Your C clip might be too thick to fit in the little groove. Some guys drill the rod ends for cotter pins also.

I made my own linkage using the Heim joints(reason for bolts)

Hope this helps.
Ron
its stock...the c clip is very thin from Dennis Carpenter. rubber insert i have.