Transmisson Coolers

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

jf100

Transmisson Coolers

Post by jf100 »

I have a 69 f100 302 engine. I am putting a c-6 transmission in. Which brand of transmission cooler is better than the others. I am looking some where in the mid priced area. The engine is bored 30 over if that makes any difference. Thank you for your time and info. I live in Washington state.

jf100
Ranchero50

Re: Transmisson Coolers

Post by Ranchero50 »

Why not just run it into the stock radiator cooler? Simple and probably best for a basic build.

Adding extra bits also adds another spot for bad stuff to happen. Keep it simple and headache free.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
markguiver

Re: Transmisson Coolers

Post by markguiver »

I run an RV sized cooler in my truck that was there when I bought the truck 23 years ago. My cooling lines go into the radiator cooler out to the aux. cooler then back to the transmission. I also installed an aux. cooler on my 71 Bronco when I installed the C4 in it. If you have a radiator from a manual trans without the built in cooler I suggest the larger tranny coolers ( Flex-a-lite, Perma-cool, Hayden, etc..). In the 23 years I've owned my truck (and probably much longer than that) the cooler has been pretty much maintenance free.
Mark.
1975 F-250 4X4 (The Beast)
1971 Bronco Sport