Source for replacement windshield

Moderator: FORDification

Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Source for replacement windshield

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Anyone know where to find a quality factory tint replacement windshield? I want one that is as close to OEM as I can get that will fit correctly. From what I'm reading a lot of them aren't curved correctly causing leaks and fit issues or don't have any reviews to go by and I sure don't want to get one only to find out it doesnt fit right......
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Source for replacement windshield

Post by basketcase0302 »

"Ohiotinkerer"Anyone know where to find a quality factory tint replacement windshield? I want one that is as close to OEM as I can get that will fit correctly. From what I'm reading a lot of them aren't curved correctly causing leaks and fit issues or don't have any reviews to go by and I sure don't want to get one only to find out it doesnt fit right......
Don't quote me on this please but I'm pretty sure that DOT took the reigns of this pony and ran with it... :hmm:
The last new one I had installed had the DOT marks about 6"-7" down from the top, (DOT requirement nowadays indicating the lowest the front windshield tint can go downward).
Pretty sure the original OEM Ford front windshield with the green tint can no longer be ordered? :hmm:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
1962Falcon

Post by 1962Falcon »

Have you considered a good used windshield? Back when I first got my 67' years ago the windshield was all cracked up. At the time I worked for a Salvage yard and hollander interchange said that the glass was the same from 67-79. So I went to pick n pull pulled a really nice windshield out of a late model dentside I think it was a 78-79 for like $50 and put it in and it fit perfectly.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Just stumbled on this. Probably just buy the windshield too. https://www.cjponyparts.com/glass-kit-6 ... KEEALw_wcB
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm leaning towards finding a used one but gonna have to have it shipped in from somewhere because all the 67-79 trucks are gone from the junkyard around here......they disappeared when scrap metal prices went up and being how bad stuff that's around here they weren't worth much more than scrap unfortunately........ :(
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR