wiper gaskets

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

wiper gaskets

Post by Zorm »

Ok, got these from LMC and not impressed. I found some material lying around, a sheet of rubber and a fome packing material stuff. The pic has all three material and their thickness. If too think, what about getting that rubberized cork stuff from auto parts place

1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: wiper gaskets

Post by 390FE1972 »

You should be able to make your own by using the pattern of the LMC part, here is a video from Autorestomod that shows the rubberized neoprene ones they used from Autokrafters. I bought mine from either NPD or Dennis Carpenter, and they were the neoprene type. The video shows that Ford used leather for the originals, but they didn't hold up, that's why a lot of cabs leaked and the floor pans rusted out.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YMgffFkvFpM

:thup: Regards
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Ok, I went to the Denis Carpenter web site, find these but they look just like the ones I got from LMC. So, I hit National Parts Depot web site and look at theirs. The look like the ones in that video, I order a pair. In the meantime I pickup some gasket material from AZ and make my own. About two days ago I get the set I ordered from NPD and see that the package they are in, is from Denis Carpenter :? funny.
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Zorm wrote:About two days ago I get the set I ordered from NPD and see that the package they are in, is from Denis Carpenter :? funny.
Had a similar thing happen to me. Bought some new in box floor pans and rear cab corners from a member here. Shipped to me in the original NPD packaging. DC stickers were on the part. They sometimes buy bulk from DC and usually sell cheaper. SOMETIMES! No guarantee you'll get DC parts every time.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.