What's the worst job you ever had?

General Discussion Topic Archives
Ford4x4Chik27

re: What's the worst job you ever had?

Post by Ford4x4Chik27 »

Try working for family :o No matter how rewarding the job is as far as knowing you've done your share to help who you can... workin for family is just crazy
'70 F-250, 3" Lift, 35" boggers, custom bed/bumpers, Edelbrock intake/carb, dual flows, bucket seats, needs a rear D60 with 4:10's

'93 Isuzu Amigo, SAS'd on a Toyota front, Marlin high steer, 35" MTR's
Faithful Old Road Dog
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Faithful Old Road Dog »

Try working for family
You're a bigger person than I. I have tried to work with family. That's why I don't anymore. :D

Hey! You're about 30 miles from me.
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

loaded cow and horse **** into bukers to be taken to recyle with a front loader on a tracter at the county fair, when you lifted it up and dumped it about half of fell on you. :cry: :lol:
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

I worked for family. Can't win no matter. :roll:
Ford4x4Chik27

Re: re: What's the worst job you ever had?

Post by Ford4x4Chik27 »

19674x4 wrote:loaded cow and horse **** into bukers to be taken to recyle with a front loader on a tracter at the county fair, when you lifted it up and dumped it about half of fell on you. :cry: :lol:
ROFL we used to have "scoop-a-thons" and got sponsored for each wheel-barrow load of horse poop we scooped... for our "pioneer club" (Kinda like 4-h) :lol:
'70 F-250, 3" Lift, 35" boggers, custom bed/bumpers, Edelbrock intake/carb, dual flows, bucket seats, needs a rear D60 with 4:10's

'93 Isuzu Amigo, SAS'd on a Toyota front, Marlin high steer, 35" MTR's
mrung0wa
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by mrung0wa »

I used to work at the Big Pretzel factory. Everything was done by hand boy did that suck!
I worked there for years but it burned down in a Fire.
I was a janitor at this retirement home. The pay really sucked but after 6 months I got a raise, they gave me a brush.

Now I'm working at the local Toothpaste Plant putting the Caps on Toothpaste Tube's...

Lawrence
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?pos=-2746

FOR SALE: 64 Galaxie 390HiPo C6 (Project Car)
SOLD! 69 F100 Contractor SPECIAL 300 I6 "Jethro"
01 BMW 325i 4DR E46(Wife's car)
03 EXPEDITION XLT FX4(2WD/AWD/4WD) 5.4L K&N FipK

"I beat my head against the wall, Because it feels good when I stop."
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

Hmmm. I've had a bunch of jobs and none were really that bad, after reading about crawling through feces. lol.

But I did have a job for about a year as a process server. This is where you serve people court papers that summon them to court when they are sued. Actually, the job itself wasn't too bad. I just drove around listening to the radio all day. The bad part was, 75% of the time I had to deliver to inner city Baltimore. Innner city Baltimore (at least 15 years ago when I was doing this) has to be right behind detroit as a scary place for a 19 year old kid to be. I got chased, threatened, screamed at, etc. etc. It was pretty scary a lot of times.
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: What's the worst job you ever had?

Post by hardtailjohn »

wildcard wrote:Had to be going ahead of the crews erecting power poles and bolting the cross members and braces on for a for a summer job. They neglected to tell us creosote would burn/blister you. We wore sleeveless shirts. My buddy was light complected and ended up in the hosp. that night. I had plenty of blisters. Never went back for that days pay.
I had to put up "portable stalls" one summer for the race horses... found out I'm allergic to the creosote too... no shirt..very very hot... handling 4x8 sheets of 3/4 plywood treated with the creosote... last thing I remembered was the "take the Nestea plunge" commercial with the guy falling backwards into the pool of water... then I woke up in the hospital, coughing up good ol' creosote for about a week.... all that glory for $5.00 an hour!!! :woohoo:
JH
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
hutch1973

Post by hutch1973 »

wildcard wrote:
Had to be going ahead of the crews erecting power poles and bolting the cross members and braces on for a for a summer job.
When I was 15 I borrowed a friends car at lunch hour and went joyriding in the country. I sideswiped this telephone/power pole and sort of made an enemy. He was 15 too, neither of us had a license. Turned out he had taken the car to school after his parents left, and they didn't even know he had it. His father flipped and called the cops on us that night, and they took us out to the scene so I could identify the pole. (Like I stopped to admire it). I just pointed to one, and it happened to be one with a broken crossmember. I got a ticket for driving w/o a license, and a bill from the power company for 6oo bucks to fix the member.

As far as working with family, waaaay ahead of yah. Disowned mine a few months ago. Will make the wedding planning a lot easier.
Bumpless for now...
newtothefordgame

Post by newtothefordgame »

I spent a summer working at a summer home park which is at a lake near where used to live. my job was to crawl into the 3' tall space under the double wides and cut and pull all the insulation out. the reason i had to do this was that rats and mice had made a home in the insulation and when the geniuses poisoned them, they all died in there and started to stink in the summer heat. this may not sound too bad but....... not all the rats died. so while i was under there in the dark itching the occasional pissed off rat would drop on me. talk about being paranoid. after i did all 75 homes they paid me about $4000 and sent me on my way.
Scott

1969 F-100 LWB 360-C6