For Those Who Installed a Forever Sharp B02 Steering Adapter

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

UKPR1

For Those Who Installed a Forever Sharp B02 Steering Adapter

Post by UKPR1 »

I received my steering adapter today - a B02 for a 1969 F100 to fit a 6 bolt steering wheel to the truck, and when I attempt to fit it on the steering shaft, it doesn’t want to seem to sit down on the shaft to engage it well. When it sits as for down as it can go, I can’t thread any of the nut onto the shaft. It seems as though the diameter of the splined portion is correct, and when I turn the adapter over, the splined part of the hub fits over the shaft splines perfectly. So I think it is the smooth bore portion under the splined portion that is preventing the adapter from sitting correctly. Did I get the right one? Both the 1968 and the 1970 adapters are B03 – is it possible that I maybe have an earlier or later shaft? Is this the right adapter to fit a 6 bolt steering wheel, or is there another depth of adapter I maybe should have purchased? I ask because the silver adapter skirt look like it sticks out to far to ever fit flush with the column.
IMG_0282-compressed.JPG
IMG_0281-compressed.JPG
IMG_0279-compressed.JPG
Thanks for entertaining my stupidity.

Geoff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UKPR1

Re: For Those Who Installed a Forever Sharp B02 Steering Adapter

Post by UKPR1 »

The importance of using one's VIN number when ordering parts...

The latest suspicion is that as my 1969 truck was actually made in late 1968, that I actually need the B03 adapter for a 1968. The good folks at FS are sending me one out today, and fingers crossed...it fits.
JoshT
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: For Those Who Installed a Forever Sharp B02 Steering Adapter

Post by JoshT »

Well please keep us posted. Don't have anything from Forever Sharp, but have a grant wheel and adapter on my 70? steering column. Fits a lot better than that, but I still wish fit down maybe another 1/8 inch to close up the gap between the adapter and column.
1968 F-100 4x4 long bed - 360 FE - NP435 w/ Dana 21 - PS & PB conversion - Front Disc Swap - 265/75R16 - 1" S.L. & 2" B.L. (to be removed) - Homemade tube bumpers - Warn 8274 - Currently wearing 1970 body