Need a new brake booster

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

NC72crew

Need a new brake booster

Post by NC72crew »

Does anyone know where to get a reman brake booster for a 72 f250 with factory front disk brakes. The only one i can find is from lmc that says it fits front disk brakes but there out of stock. Is there a difference in boosters between front drum and front disk? I wouldnt think the booster would be different, just the master cylinder. My booster works fine but while im restoring the truck i figured i would update the 50 year old booster. PLEASE HELP...... :fr:
Words of wisdom. Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things...
DuckRyder

Re: Need a new brake booster

Post by DuckRyder »

Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
yellercat

Post by yellercat »

Just ordered one from Rock Auto for my 69' F250 camper special. It has front disc and rear drums and there is a difference in the connecting rods between adjustable and non-adjustable. Mine is non-adjustable. It is important to address your metering valve and pressure differential switch if so fitted with your vehicle, as mine was. There may be a difference with your year, so you should research it on this website. :thup:
1970 F100 302 C-4 factory air
NC72crew

Post by NC72crew »

Which booster from rock auto did you order. If you look up the 72 they only have them for drum front brakes
yellercat

Post by yellercat »

You can see it in the 69' F250 390 section. They may not have the one for your truck though, just have to look.
Have seen some guys going to ebay for boosters also and getting them to work well.
1970 F100 302 C-4 factory air
NC72crew

Post by NC72crew »

Ended up sending mine down to georgia to Harmon Classic Brakes. Cost almost 300 with shipping both ways but it looks brand new. Hopefully will work like 300 bucks. Thanks for everyone's help.