No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Gas prices-

Post by jzjames »

Howdy members,
Well it looks like we’ve come full circle again. Gas prices at an all-time high.

Do you think we’ll see some better deals on ‘bumpside’ trucks now?
I’ll bet we see alot fewer of them driving around.
:dk:
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Gas prices-

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

Drove mine 50 miles this year on the gas that I put in last year - 90REC no ethanol gas at the local Bellstores is $6 a gallon and I'm paying $40 more a week just to drive my PT cruiser to work so it's not gonna get much drive time this year. I doubt you see many for sale because nobody has the money to buy them right now.....at least not me anyway..... :doh:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
redstone65

Post by redstone65 »

Luckily we live in town so everything is close by so we can still drive our trucks. In city traffic it's all about the same. My wife's '67 has a 25 gal tank so it hurts to fill it up.
Dave

‘65 F-100 (240) Former military truck
‘70 F-100 (360) restoring with my son
fastEdsel
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fastEdsel »

I would never want to turn this forum into a political debate but I think that anyone who can walk and chew gum at the same time can see what is going on here. On a continent that has literally billions of barrels of oil and natural gas than can be measured in cubic miles instead of cubic feet we have lots of home grown energy. We don't need Arabia or foreign resourses and I will not be ransomed into purchasing an electric vehicle just because some happy feely/touchy politician thinks we can just because a well needed and fully deserved pipeline project was cancelled. Out in the country we do get some real nasty weather conditions and the last thing we need is to be shoveling out a stuck electric truck that runs out of energy, heater, GPS and communication while a passenger is dying of an appendix attack. We need our bump sides, they are for the most part dependable, four wheel drive works and not talking to some computer under the dash to put traction to where the "computer thinks the truck needs it." Nothing gives me more pleasure than grinding gravel across a newer pickup that is stuck and their engine won't even break 1000 rpm to get out of a stuck situation. The big block opens up, the Borg Warner transfer case kicks in and out they come! Drive your bump, take care of it as it is a legacy to the men and women who designed and built these trucks. The administrations that think they are running us now will soon be history, Russia will be resolved and when all their stored oil hits the market at $20.00 a barrel then watch the world recover and get back to work, IMO. Electric? Maybe for some for sure it is needed to zip to the corner store for goodies and road rockets, I'm for that if "they" can afford it. So this weekend I plan to cruise my Edsel to a National Park for breakfast. It's gonna cost 58 cents a mile for my carbon debit but well worth it. Hang in there everyone and show your steel! :thup:
6Delta

Post by 6Delta »

I need my 220 volt hookup in the garage for my air compressor and big welder. I need my bump so I can count on a vehicle that starts regardless of the weather or how long it's been parked. I'm getting to old to get a electric car. Just think, almost 2 years ago at this time a barrel of oil was so cheap they could hardly afford to pump it out of the ground and gasoline was still over $3.00 a gallon. (As a former farmer I remember thinking that gas and milk were just about the same and THAT was messed up.) If it cools off at least I can get a good shine on the old girl. She deserves that. Damn straight Detroit iron lives on and I got one Ranchero on blocks that needs a transmission fixed.
No Brain - No Pain
71 F250 Sport Custom Camper Special
71 Ranchero Squire
70 Ranchero GT (Red w/351C 4V
70 Ranchero GT (Black w/302+)
03 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
74 Kawasaki H2 750 (Widowmaker)
75 Firebird 400
71 XKE FHC 4.2
04 XJ8 4.2
tsherry
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tsherry »

Older trucks will be popular as you look less like a profitable mugging target driving one.
too many Fords, no where near 'nuff time.

or, money.
1browski

Post by 1browski »

I drive my 70 f250 here and there when working near the house. Its not my daily so it doesnt hurt that bad. With diesel more than gas, it hurts worse driving my f350.
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

The thoughts expressed here are without a doubt not fiction. Pricing is very complex and simple answers are not easy. IMO, a world economy is bad whether it be fuel or parts or any other commodity. The US should not be dependent upon another nation for anything. if we can produce it, importing it should be rare.

Fuel costs have just about doubled. We budget accordingly as fuel prices will continue to fluctuate wildly. Something else will have to give. One of our drivers gets 23 mpg (2011 RX350) and the other 19 mpg (1999 SD 7.3l). Both are well built and should last a long time just like the bumpsides.
ddcrim

Post by ddcrim »

Well, beer used to cost a nickle too.
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

About 30 years ago we bought our house for around $65k, now similar houses are selling for $240k. Gas was $2 then, now it's more than $5. The point being that prices retain about the same ratio. In 1978, my 68 f250 was $1,500 now a similar truck is $6,000.