List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

DStrickl

Mini Meet 'n' Greet in Connecticut?

Post by DStrickl »

O.K.

I hope this is how we do it.

From the ongoing thread in F100 Camper Special:

FlatbedFord (Steve) and I have been discussing a possible mini Meet 'n' Greet at the Golden Age of Trucking Museum located in Southbury, CT maybe sometime in the summer. Are there any other members who are interested? I think KevinNY(Kevin) is in the mix somewhere.

Here is the museum's website:
http://goldenagetruckmuseum.com/

If you click on the events button, you can see all the dates for the events.

If anyone is interested please let me know. My '68 isn't the prettiest girl at the party but I think it would be nice to see everyone else's and exchange ideas.

Also, we don't have to meet on an event date to see the museum.

Thanks

Daren

P.S. How'd I do Moderator?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Mini Meet 'n' Greet in Connecticut?

Post by FORDification »

:thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 71 LONG BED »

I may be able to make the trip. I'm sure my truck would make it. It may cost an ar and a leg, but it would make it. :lol: Keep me informed. I'll send a PM. :thup:
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

So maybe it's not in May. John, I was wondering how you'd feel about a trip to the constitution state. Among us northeasterners, I think I'm about the midway point. With that thought, I may have volunteered myself to be involved with a car show at my son's highschool. It's planned to be a PTSA fund raiser. The asst. principal is supposed to be running the event. My name is on a list of volunteers, but I haven't heard from him yet. The show will be in the spring. I hope some of my local Fordification friends will be able to attend. I will start a thread here when I know more.
Back on this topic. The museum is a must see for all truck enthusiasts. Most of the trucks are older and bigger than our's but it's still inspiring to see old iron looking good. I think most of the trucks were built as runners too. The trip would cost us all an arm and leg. I'd probably need 2 quarts of oil and a gallon of anti-freeze in addition to getting about 9 or 10 mpg. Another place to think about is Bear Mountain, NY. Every Wednesday night in the summer is a car show. It's very close for me, kinda close for 71 LONG BED and cooltoolguy, not too far for KevinNY and pretty inconvenient for DStrickl. Personally, I'd be up for the expense and adventure of taking a long ride to get a bunch of bumpsides and their owners together. Let's wait for warmer weather, but not too warm (no AC in mine).
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
DStrickl

Post by DStrickl »

Here's my :2cents:

If we get enough people together, then we can decide a more centralized location. Even though the Trucking Museum is a great idea, and Oh Yeah, it's only 2 miles from my house, we still need to be fair. If Cruger is more centralized, then let's have it there or wherever the most centralized location may be. Are there any members east of me who are interested? Let's wait and see if we get more interested.

I don't want to push bumps then you are a no show. Right now, we have 4 maybe 5 (CoolToolGuy?). More centralized means less miles and gas.

I will keep everyone posted.
btgold29

Post by btgold29 »

its a shame i'll miss it i just moved from bethlehem CT to AZ two months ago, i know the musem well its on rt 188 right? close to the oxford airport.
i bought my 68 swb f-100 in woodbury from Dave Jacobson unrestored here it is now almost finished

Good luck, Bryan Gold
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
68-f100, 466 ci, tremec five speed, strange rear end, 35 spline axles, 542 hp 535 lbs torque @ the fly wheel. hand built custom headers.
71 LONG BED
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 71 LONG BED »

To bad we'll miss you. I'd like to see that truck in person, oh, and meet you as well. :lol:
John Member #1549
71 F100 Sport Custom__________1967 F350 Gone, but not forgotten
Image Image Image
DStrickl

Post by DStrickl »

SWEET! :rock:

Did you pick the color when you went to AZ? It kinda has that south western flair.

Ever thought of putting a flame job on that?

Daren