SPELL CHECK !!!

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

ArizonaDan

SPELL CHECK !!!

Post by ArizonaDan »

It would be of enormous benefit to all readers of these posts if everyone contributing made a conscientious habit of utilizing a spell check tool before posting their contributions. Unfortunately the spell check tool included with this posting forum is itself full of errors. A good practice is to type your contributions in a Word document and allow Word's built-in spell check to correct your errors. Then all you have to do is cut and paste the corrected contribution into the posting forum where you would normally type your contributions.

At the risk of subjecting myself to criticism as a spelling and grammar snob I can no longer refrain from expressing my purpose for this posting. There are some contributors, and one in particular, whose spelling and grammar skills are so poor that their well intentioned contributions are almost illegible.

Please, take the extra 20 seconds that it requires to automatically correct your spelling and grammar errors so that the full benefit of your personal knowledge can be easily interpreted by the members of this board.

Thanks

Dan
1968 F100 -360, 2BBL, C6, 3.25, ugly? yeah, she's ugly.
1997 Expedition -4.6L, 4WD, 14MPG, gutless? yeah, she's gutless.
2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, fast? yeah, she's fast.
1967AceStroker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: SPELL CHECK !!!

Post by 1967AceStroker »

If I am second guessing myself on a word, I open google in a new tab. If you can spell the word close enough google usually will bring up the correct spelling on the list that pops up under the search bar.
My Project Thread (Not updated in years.)
1967 F-100, Shortbed, 351W - 72mm Single Turbo - Megasquirt MS3x Engine Management, Tremec TKO 500, Ford 9" - Strange Nodular Center Section - Strange 35 Spline Axles - Strange Full Spool - Caltracs - DJM Drop Kit, Crown Vic IFS Swapped - 2 Coils Cut, Power Steering, Power 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Paint - Kona Blue
DIXONBOY

Post by DIXONBOY »

I cain't get the spell check to work right.
marxtoys

Post by marxtoys »

Any mis-spellings in my posts are purely intentional.
"Knowledge is Good." Emil Faber
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i'ts not that we can't spell well soem of us. but the fingers can't spell. my fingers can't decide if the last letters in steering is ing or ign

correcting typing errors is a pain sometimes. and you just get tired of doing it. it would be nice if the spell check on the site worked. but it doesn't try it for words that are typed correctly. it will call them wrong everytime.

but for those who can't spell it would be nice if you could try or make note that you tried. (sp)
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

I use google chrome, it catches my misspellings for me. The only one it never catches and for the life of me I can't remember how to spell it is definantly. I keeps giving me defiantly as the only other way to spell it. I also get confused with their, there and the're the only one I know how to use correctly is the're. I really don't think we should blame the individual, but maybe the school systems. But who am I, I just know that definantly kicks my @$$! Proper spelling and proper sentence structures where always my downfall in school. But if you have a math question I can probably solve it for you. Just typing this little thing here Google has found about 15 errors. Thank goodness for spell check, at the end of the day though I can usually figure out what everyone is trying to say.
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

I use my manual spell check.

A dog eared copy of Mr. Webster's finest work. :lol:
Clay

72 F100 4x2 Custom,289, C4 " Slow Ride "
70 F250 4x2 Ranger XLT , 360, C6 "B52 - IV"
96 F150 4x2 XL, 300, E4OD, daily driver

" Professional Wrecker Operators - We Pull for America "
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

It does not work, Keith has tried and its quite a handful and it also requires maintenance once it is up and running.

I was bummed too, but then I found IE Spell.

http://www.iespell.com/

It actually works pretty well and it is easier than opening up word.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

Google Chrome Spell Checks For You! :2cents:
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I incorporated the spell check here, but then I discovered I have to upload a full dictionary to the database. (At present there is no dictionary for the spell check to refer to.) The dictionary is very large, and I've found that it's going to take an entire evening to do so, and the forums will have to be offline to do it....which is why I've been postponing it. I keep waiting for a time when I can do it over several hours in the wee hours in the morning when nobody's logged it, to minimize the inconvenience. It's definitely on the to-do list. :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

How about we all just read the STICKIES ok? lol
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Keith,

I visit a few forums that use the IE spell as their spell checker, it might be worth checking into as it might be easier for you and take less down time.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

Keith, isn't my PM kind of even more ironic since we're having a discussion of spelling right now? lol wasn't planned either.
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

Reminds me of a piece I read somewhere a while back, may have been here in the Humor section, where an entire post was written without any vowels at all. And the funny part was that you could read and understand it as well as if it they were spelled right, after you got used to it. Which didn't take long to figure out .
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

wildcard wrote:Reminds me of a piece I read somewhere a while back, may have been here in the Humor section, where an entire post was written without any vowels at all. And the funny part was that you could read and understand it as well as if it they were spelled right, after you got used to it. Which didn't take long to figure out .
i remember that thread. you could read and understand it.