How bad have you got it? - Take the test.

General Discussion Topic Archives
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

How bad have you got it? - Take the test.

Post by Sharkdance »

Possible 10 points:
1 point awarded for each yes answer and 0 points for each no answer.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When your forced to drive another vehicle, like something newer or at the least different from your old Ford truck.

Do you:
1) Try to start it with the key in your left hand.
2)Get into a fight with the shoulder harness of the automatic seat belt.
3)Try to push in the clutch pedal that aint there.
4)Rachet the shift lever a few times before realizing that it aint a 3 on the tree.
5)Pump the gas pedal 3 times before turning the key even though its not a carborated engine.
6)Wonder if you actualy got it started because its too quiet to hear the exhaust.
7)Try to figure out what to do with all of that extra road because what you just pulled out of the driveway with is only half the size of your old truck.
8)Spot and wave at another bumpside truck as if they would know that you have one at home instead of what your driving right then.
9)Touch the brake pedal a couple of times after going thru a puddle to dry off the drum brakes so they wont grab. Even though what your driving at that moment has disk brakes and drying the pads aint necessary.
10)Get all excited when you get back home and see your old truck sitting in the driveway. Knowing that next trip you take your definetly going to drive her instead of the car you just got home in.
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: How bad have you got it? - Take the test.

Post by hardtailjohn »

:lol: :lol: Don't forget slamming your left foot frantically all over the floor trying to find the dimmer switch!!
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by bluef250 »

I guess 8 of 10 is failing :lol:
oldhalftons

Post by oldhalftons »

I've got it bad.

My trucks are all 4spd's so I just stare blankly at the lever coming out of the column and the empty space where a clutch pedal should be.

"you say it shifts itself?" :?
1969 F100 300/4spd power steering, manual brakes
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I got 10. Bad, huh?
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: re: How bad have you got it? - Take the test.

Post by Sharkdance »

hardtailjohn wrote::lol: :lol: Don't forget slamming your left foot frantically all over the floor trying to find the dimmer switch!!
John H.
Oh yea, forgot about that one! And trying to find the wiper switch too. (You gotta turn what on which stick on the column to turn the lights or wipers on?)

Extra points awarded for any of the above. :lol:
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
68swb

Post by 68swb »

pulling out the choke in my case and then pumping the gas 3 times and pushing in the clutch, then realizing the auto. is on the floor not on the column. love them old trucks. i got over a 10 thats ok i guess
"I got this"

68 swb 429ci 3spd
69 lwb f250 360 4spd
75 VW superbeetle
79 F250 4X4 supercab 400 4spd
07 Fusion
08 Focus 35mpg
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

This needs to be added:
When working on other cars and trucks do you instinctively duck when pulling out from under the hood to avoid the hood latch that always hits you on the back of your head when working on the truck?
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

I got a 6, my truck has an automatic transmission. I am rebuilding the engine in my truck right now. When I first started driving my moms car, I did every thing you said. I really thought it died. I still am giving the other bumpside guys a thumbs up though. I never do see them when I am in my bumpside.
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

I know I have it bad. Mine is a auto, so a few of those don't apply, and mine always starts without pumping the gas. BUT.
I got mine cleaned up, and winterized, and put it away in its 20ft sea container for the winter. Since it is a open top, no heater, and a ice cream truck, no sense in even trying to drive it in Chicagoland after October.
I put her away last Monday, and have opened the container twice to talk to it, and see if she is alright. :shh: When she is in the shop, I have to visit her every day, and say hello. Last year I didn't take on a winter project last winter, because I couldn't bear putting the old girl in that cold dark container, but this year I have a winter project that I need the space to work on it. :(
I may just have to kick a tenant out to make more room for my baby so she wont get cold.
http://WWW.GoodHumorTrucks.Com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
19674x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 19674x4 »

well i got an 8, because i got a 4 on the floor, after driving a stick for a while, then driving my moms explorer, i am trying to find the clutch, and shift gears.
My Photo Album
2012 Cummins-the luxury Tow Pig
1967 F-250 highboy 352, np435(((((((sold))))))))) My first true love
1968 F100 SWB. 360, np-435, flatbed, currently acting as a hornest nest and bee hive.
1971 F-100 4x4 Step-side. 360, np-435, 70k origional miles- needs allot of love.
cavedweller

Post by cavedweller »

Shoot if I drive my truck for a week and get into my wifes DelSol I damn near wreck. I got kinda use to the 1 1/2 inches of play in the stearing on the Ford because I need to work on the tierods and replace the shocks. The wifes car you move the wheel it turns.

Mine is the automatic her's is manual and I forget cluch in .............and it dies.

Not to mention the fun of trying to get in and out of her car. I think it will almost fit in the bed of my truck if you prop it up on one of the fenders. The roof is around my waist line and I am kinda as my son says on the fluffy side(he says he isn't fat or chubby he's fluffy like a pillow).

So if we take the truck I drive, the car she drives. I guess it is safer that way.
adam138

Post by adam138 »

haha Im like a 3 and I get used to the 3 on the tree and try to pull on the column shift on the Excursion,Im gonna end up breaking it.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

3)Try to push in the clutch pedal that aint there.

I used to do that after two weeks on the road in the semi.
Dang near put a hole in the floor.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

I'm a 10. I got so many different rigs to drive, I can't tell what i'm in half the time. From a semi truck,to 3 different 28' straight trucks to my 1 ton, a 3/4 ton, a 1/2 ton and the wifes 4 door 4 popper, I get confuzed easy
Just need a motorcycle now!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!